Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my intake manifold has been cracked for ages now, and I finally decided to pick up a used one. It arrived today, and it was pretty manky, so I'm giving it a good clean before I put it on.
Anyway, a few of the ports have these weird yellow plastic caps on them, as in the pics below. Anybody know what the deal is with them?
When I took off my own manifold last year I didn't see anything like them. And I haven't seen anything like them anywhere else.

Should I remove them, or just leave them be? Are they some aftermarket thing that somebody put on to make a seal or something?

·
6,077 Posts
They look like the manifold gaskets to me the design has changed a few times over the year and some aftermarket ones are different colours which could be why you have not noticed them before or they are still in the head

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They look like the manifold gaskets to me the design has changed a few times over the year and some aftermarket ones are different colours which could be why you have not noticed them before or they are still in the head

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Ah right. So you reckon they're there instead of the rubber ring gaskets? I found a rubber gasket on another one of the tubes, could they have been mixed?
How do you reckon I should proceed when fitting this manifold? Use all the same type, the rubber ones, or mix it up? Or remove the plastic ones?
Or does it matter?

I have the old manifold off at the moment, just doing a bit of cleaning around the ports on the head, and I'm just giving the ERG a cleanout while I have easy access..
I'll fit the new one, later or tomorrow..

Edit: Ah yes, nevermind. It was pretty obvious when I went to fit it, I need to use all the rubber gaskets, they just go around the yellow caps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts