Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have noticed there is not much talk about plasti dip on the forum. Either not many people are aware of it, or it has been shunned!

Anyways, most of my silver trim inside my 207 sport has been scratched and work by phone holders, cables etc... I looked to replace it, and it is cheap enough, but then I stumbled across some videos of plasti dip on the net.

For those that don't know, plasti dip is a paint that sets like rubber with a matte finish, you can apply gloss over the top if you wish. You can get it all colours, people do their car wheels, trim, even their whole car in some cases. Once it sets, it is fairly durable, however if you decide to, you can peal it off!

So i took the plunge and bought an aeresol can 400ml in red. I'm going to try and add some detail to the car with red, not loads, just small subtle bits that don't look to tacky.

So to start with, I sprayed the trim last night with 5 coats of plasti dip. I have a before photo of the trim, and a photo just after the 4th coat (its still wet, hence the gloss look.)

Would love to hear feedback on how it looks, if its crap, I can peel it off and try something else :D

When I get home ill put a dry photo up and a photo of how it looks in the car.

Before:

Wet coat:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I found its not that durable , if you get a chip or deep scratch in it you can just peel it off. on trims you would need to be careful when refitting that you don,t scrape the edges or it will peel off when cleaning it .

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i quite like it, is it durable? and in different colours?
It feels durable and was quite difficult to peel the of the fastenings as i accidentally sprayed some of them.

However it is designed to be peel-able so I guess I will have to see. You can spray their clear coat / lacquer / glossifier over it which helps with durability.

Its available in all different colours, I might look at doing my alloys soon.

I will perhaps do an update in a few months to see how it is doing on the trim.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found its not that durable , if you get a chip or deep scratch in it you can just peel it off. on trims you would need to be careful when refitting that you don,t scrape the edges or it will peel off when cleaning it .
I figure this might happen eventually, I will just keep an eye on it. I did find a useful video showing how to repair it if it starts playing up. See it below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T0jEvxxTzE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts