Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, attached a picture with the result of a scan on my car.

The car had a burnt wiring problem some months ago now and has had an airbag fault ever since.
I have been through the entire wiring loom and replaced about 50-70% of it, the rest of the wiring i have traced 100% end to end with no other problems.

Still getting this fault, i think its got a permanent ecu fault, but i don't want to buy a replacement ecu until someone can 100% agree with me lol.

Ade.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope no codes just whats show in the pic, yea i know they have to be sent off to have the crash data cleared but its not been crashed and the bags haven't deployed, BUT i am starting to think that the wiring fault has caused the ecu to think one has gone off causing a permanent fault..

Is that possible? because the loom and plugs have been traced back manually 100% and there are zero damaged or anything plus all the burned loom was replaced fully.

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Ade.

S

·
0 Posts
If i had to put my money on it i'd say the short has triggered a crash code to be stored yeah

If i were you i'd use one of the £30 reset services on ebay rather than buy a new ecu

·
5,879 Posts
I would look for secondhand airbag ecu. The short is likely to have cooked the airbag squib detect circuit in the ecu by sticking 12v or high amps down the cable.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
11,778 Posts
i am starting to think that the wiring fault has caused the ecu to think one has gone off causing a permanent fault..
I'd go with that. I'm helping a local fella sort out his airbag light problem. He;s rewired the seat several times, his wiring is completely sound but the light won't go and the faults won't clear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts