Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the pinout for the small orange screen that you get with the RD4? Or know how to connect it to the car.

Whilst most people go for the RD4 to RT4 conversion, I actually want to go the opposite way so I can use this: https://connects2.com/Product/ProductItem/CTSPG013 and install a decent aftermarket android based headunit in the car :)

·
Registered
15,159 Posts
The RD4 display is hard wired into the loom with wires going everywhere mostly to the BSI the RT4 actually has less wires i have BOTH wired to my test BSI and RT display only needs 2 wires to work

·
5,043 Posts
It can be done and indeed has been, ill see if I can find the post on Fb

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also looking for similar, I have an RT3 and find the sat Nav to be.... poor, and the telephone is something else. I want to fit something better but don't want to lose the car functions so want to fit an orange multi function display. Any wiring help would be invaluable.
Thanks.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am working on a solution to integrate the orange screen + a 10" fabricated Android headunit :)

It's actually VERY easy to connect the orange screen, I have the wiring diagrams. It only requires 4 wires, 2 are power/ground and the other two are canbus wires, all 4 can be piggybacked off the headunit fakra connector!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the orange screen, Pin 3 is the ground. Pin 7 goes to pin 8 on the BSI (CAN High), Pin 9 goes to Pin 10 on the BSI (CAN Low), Pin 1 is the power which goes to Pin 1 (Fuse 8) on the BSI.

The easiest way is to tap into the headunit wiring, on the main block, Pin 10 is CAN High, Pin 13 is CAN Low, Pin 12 is +12v power and Pin 16 is Ground - This is how it is done in the original wiring anyway, all wires are crimped to the headunit wires!

This is correct for an RT4, if serious, I can 100% make sure for RT3. You will have to reprogram the BSI to tell it the car has an orange screen now!

Also, can a member point out which new orange screen to buy from china? TIA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts