Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I'm worried. :eek:

Hopefully the warranty will solve most problems. It covers turbos, fuel pumps, clutch etc. not the DPF though.

J

·
0 Posts
You're lucky to get a warranty to cover the clutch... not many do :nono:

J

·
0 Posts
Its the joys of owning a car..... they all go wrong at some point..... don't get downhearted by the known problems of a 407... at least they're known :lol:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I was told by the indy that couldn't do my wheel bearing that my n/side inner drive shaft boot was u/s. Climbed under today for a look and all that was wrong was the clip had come off; quick fix with a zip tie. Crankyhorse dont take for gospel all that repair shops tell you,come on here first,might save you some readies!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do Sterion75. :)

I E-mailed the Peugeot garage that has done all the servicing on the car since new to ask for details of what has been done but they have not responded.

Will all Peugeot dealers share such info? My local dealers seems friendly enough.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dont think they will pass info as its subject of the business between dealer and owner. Just to confirm a service was carried out perhaps. You will be able to ask if its had all the recalls done ok, i did this myself. Peugeot labour charges are expensive, but if you trust your local indy with what is a complex electrical system stick with them, but always ask on here as well, it might save you some unnecessary expense.

J

·
0 Posts
As mentioned above, you are very unlikely to get anything out of the dealer of any work carried out on the car by the previous owner.... I've been there and tried myself, and get no response.... something along the lines of "data protection" and the like. Its not just Peugeot, Volvo were exactly the same :nod:

Your local dealer will be able to tell you all the work which was carried out under warranty though :thumb:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Phone them:nod:

I phoned two dealers that have done work on my car and I even traced the 1st owner who still had the spare key :thumb:

I've done it hundreds of times for cars I've bought and sold !!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts