Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my car on Saturday and have loved every minute I've been in it. I have been so lucky with the dealer I used, compared to a lot of people on here. Also my Tom Tom Live was working when I picked it up, but the dealer did mention he had heard about other dealers having problems doing this. And finally to top it off I asked for some rubber mats and mudguards, sadly the delivery had been delayed. So they are now giving me both of them for free when they arrive.

This forum has helped me to have an understanding of the car before I got it, so thank you everyone that has contributed to this forum.

One thing I can't work out and this was questioned on page 11, is the auto lock when you walk away. I can't seem to find it on the menu to activate it. I have the keyless entry, so I assume it should work.

Does anyone know what I need to do?

Many thanks in advance.

1.2 auto GT Line Amozonite Grey (Keyless entry and electric tailgate)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe keyless entry is only for unlocking when you approach the car and you still have to remotely lock it using the key fob?

I did think that but wanted to check as I said in my message, this had been questioned before and the answer was yes it does auto lock! Nothing else was mentioned after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Normally cars that have this sort of feature, certainly my current car works this way. In that the autolock only works if you unlock the car and then walk away. ie it's not enabled if you have been running the car and get out. It's just if you unlock it and then decide to go back in the house.

My numpty brother used this once with his audi a3. He unlocked it, got in and put his keys/bags down, then got out to speak to someone and after 60 seconds the car locks with everything including the keys inside.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looking at some of the info online it says with some systems you have to touch the door handle/button on exiting to lock it.
Yes that is correct, there are 2 ridges on the handle and touching these locks / unlocks the car, you can also use the fob as you would a key but i would have thought if you walk away from the car without locking it the doors would lock as a safety feature with keyless systems but this appears not to be the case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My keyless Renault scenics auto lock when you walk away, or even around to the front of the car so I will be disappointed if there is no auto lock.
I always double touch the door handle to enable the deadlocks so glad that that feature is still available. Hopefully only another four to five week wait until I can have a play.

1.2 Allure manual, blue keyless

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hope it comes in time for the Scotland trip for you. That would be a great trip to christen. I ordered on the 13 Feb and last guesstimate was delivery 30 May

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
Please everyone, this thread was started to discuss auto locking and now it's gone to delivery dates.

There is a delivery thread already started if you want to discuss that.

Sorry to have to mention it but we have to try to keep close to the thread topics at least.

Thanks everyone.

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.