Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hopefully this is not a repeat of a thread previously , after reading the posts on this forum i would like advice on three questions to ask the dealer before signing on the dotted line ........

1 Is the Tom Tom service activated and i have signed for the 3 year updates

2 Is the software up to date

3 Have i received all docs regarding the car

I will be getting my car on Monday 26th June , and before i sign on the dotted line i will make sure that all of my three points above have been seen to and all have been activated , or else NO DEAL !!!

Any opinions gratefully accepted !!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
You may be lucky and find the Tom Tom Live services are activated. Some have found they are, but many others find they are not. Depending on your dealer it will either be resolved easily, or they will make a complete pigs ear of it and leave you without the services for (sometimes) weeks or months.

Software is likely to be as when the car left the factory, and out of date. I don't think dealers update it when cars arrive, but may if you ask.

I think it is unlikely you will get a Telematics/Audio handbook as Peugeot don't seem to have any in stock. Dealers are acting dumb about this and saying there isn't one, but there is, and it's supposed to come with the car. The dealers know this, so don't accept any excuses. I suggest you demand one from their demonstrator vehicle(s) or you could have a very long wait indeed.

Sorry to sound negative, but that is pretty much the way it is. Hopefully yours is better than some of the shambolic, pathetic excuses for dealers experienced by some other members on this forum. Stand your ground, because they won't want you walking away and not collecting your car for days. Good luck!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be lucky and find the Tom Tom Live services are activated. Some have found they are, but many others find they are not. Depending on your dealer it will either be resolved easily, or they will make a complete pigs ear of it and leave you without the services for (sometimes) weeks or months.

Software is likely to be as when the car left the factory, and out of date. I don't think dealers update it when cars arrive, but may if you ask.

I think it is unlikely you will get a Telematics/Audio handbook as Peugeot don't seem to have any in stock. Dealers are acting dumb about this and saying there isn't one, but there is, and it's supposed to come with the car. The dealers know this, so don't accept any excuses. I suggest you demand one from their demonstrator vehicle(s) or you could have a very long wait indeed.

Sorry to sound negative, but that is pretty much the way it is. Hopefully yours is better than some of the shambolic, pathetic excuses for dealers experienced by some other members on this forum. Stand your ground, because they won't want you walking away and not collecting your car for days. Good luck!
Thanks for that Lee , and yes i will be standing my ground as all should do , i am spending a grand total of approx £27000 and i will not take any s**t from the sales people who put on a smile and think that this will be ok !!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Too right. Don't accept any promises to obtain missing items like handbooks, because once they have your money they probably won't care. The same goes with offers to set up or update anything in "a few days". Whilst you have the money, you have the upper hand.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too right. Don't accept any promises to obtain missing items like handbooks, because once they have your money they probably won't care. The same goes with offers to set up or update anything in "a few days". Whilst you have the money, you have the upper hand.
Thanks Lee , just sent a nice polite e-mail to the salesperson requesting all to be up to date ...prewarned is prearmed as the monkey says !!

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
Whereas I was very fortunate to have the TomTom fully working there was no Audio/Telematic book and think its going to be a mere to get one. In fairness they did check all the other new 3008's for a copy, but none in them too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
As part of your software question make sure they understand that it also includes up to date maps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
May be a good idea to check tyre pressures mine where way over inflated, don't forget to reinitialize the vehicle settings afterwards if any changes are made.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
My new GT 180 is currently on route to my supplying dealer, with a pickup due on Wednesday afternoon. Feeling very excited about the new car!

Having been through this post with my dealer this afternoon on the phone, she agreed this handbook is in short supply with back orders for it. She suggested that it is usually supplied in the car from new, so we will see if it's in the car when I pick it up.

She was confident that the dealer Tomtom activation would work, but having read all the various issues to date, I'll keep my fingers crossed, Was offered the Tomtom 3 year speed camera subscription, which although interesting, seems expensive. She suggested it was very good, so I shall give it some thought before pickup.

As has been suggested, she recommended I also register for My Peugeot to pickup on any software / map updates.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I would be inclined to hold back at least £50 from the dealer unless you get that book. You have waited long enough for the car, and if Peugeot haven't motivated themselves to print enough copies in all that time, then it isn't good enough. Tell them they will get the balance when they hand over the Telematics/Audio book. Once you have parted with the balance owing there is absolutely no incentive for them to chase up a book for you, or for Peugeot to provide one. Customers have been taking delivery of 3008's without these handbooks for nearly 4 months now, so they have had loads of time. I can just imagine the publisher of a No.1 bestseller taking anything like as long as that!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Am I missing something? In the age of digital technologies and the 3008 epitomises this, why are we all clamouring after paperback books? Just download the digital versions of the handbooks. There are versions that will suit many different devices. Cell phones, tablets etc. I have inwardly digested all I need to know in preparation for delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
When it comes to mastering the functions of the 3008, you might find that reading up on-line before taking delivery is simply not enough. Many of the functions take a lot of getting used to, and although I can't speak for others. I find it very handy to sit in the car with the handbook open so that I can get used to the numerous menus, sub menus, and sub sub menus. I guess I could open up the web page on my ipad, but my wifi won't reach that far, and I'm damned if I'm prepared to use all my data allowance when I've paid nearly 30 grand for a car. If you get a full operating instruction manual with a cheap washing machine, then it's not asking too much to get manual with the second most expensive purchase you might ever make. Of course if manufacturers think people are happy to get all the information from an internet site, I'm sure it will hasten the demise of handbooks altogether.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Many of the functions take a lot of getting used to
I think they should just have a checkbox when one order a car. Need hard copy of manual? Yes or no.

Then the more tech savvy could just download it and it would be more manuals available for those who need paper ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Agmuns is right. Download to your device in the comfort of your own home, then use your digital device to view. I personally used Safari browser and saved the PDF manuals into iBooks. You can do similar actions with other browsers and operating systems. It really is a simple process. I have copies on my iPad and on my Android phone, which is usually always with me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I consider myself to be up with technology and find on line manuals or PDFs are O.K. when sat indoors or at a desk, but there is no substitute for a hard copy. It is far easier to flick back and forth through pages and find the page and section you need.
PDF is OK for 20 t0 30 pages but the 3008 ,manual is 570 pages +.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I consider myself to be up with technology and find on line manuals or PDFs are O.K. when sat indoors or at a desk, but there is no substitute for a hard copy. It is far easier to flick back and forth through pages and find the page and section you need.
PDF is OK for 20 t0 30 pages but the 3008 ,manual is 570 pages +.
I never flick through PDF pages, I use the 'search' feature which in turn brings up a list of all pages relevant to the search.
That and I have my manual with me all the time in my phone. :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I like the BMW solution - a quick start guide covering all the important functions, and then the manuals available on the hard drive in the car, with easy access to information via an alphabetical search.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like the BMW solution - a quick start guide covering all the important functions, and then the manuals available on the hard drive in the car, with easy access to information via an alphabetical search.

This is the same as Mercedes Benz.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Picking mine up on Saturday, warned the dealer that I need the audio tele book as I've heard they are often missing. He replied saying yes it was missing but he's got one for me (probably from a demo car I expect)
Also told him that I need live services enabled to get the tomtom traffic to which he replied :
I will do my end of the Connected Services here for you in advance of collection on the First, but will finish off with you on Handover, as the second part is with your phone...

I have the MYPEUGEOT app now loaded on my phone and can login in to it, what else would my phone be required for ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts