Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Sooooooooooooo excited cos I'm picking up my car tomorrow ... cant wait. :D

don't really know a lot about cars, but whats the 306 like ???

(she's an old girl, a "P") if that makes a difference.?

Been doing some reading and do they have regular problems with the breaks and gears ? (although a little late now cos its paid for)

thanks for any comments in advance.

·
Registered
862 Posts
lillywitch said:
Hi there,

Sooooooooooooo excited cos I'm picking up my car tomorrow ... cant wait. :D

don't really know a lot about cars, but whats the 306 like ???

(she's an old girl, a "P") if that makes a difference.?

Been doing some reading and do they have regular problems with the breaks and gears ? (although a little late now cos its paid for)

thanks for any comments in advance.
Cambelt failure - these cars do suffer from cambelt failures and when it happens, it will pretty much ruin the whole engine (rockers and valves break and all of them need replacing or else tapping occurs, the head warps when removed due to the extreme pressures and then wont go back on properly.) Ideally the cambelt should be replaced every 40k miles instead of the Peugeot recommended 70k. Stick to this and you will be fine.

1. Check cambelt has been regularly changed. Check for tapping noise from the engine. if this continues then the car has probably suffered cambelt failure at some stage.
2. The clutch is generally heavy so don't let this put you off.
3. Check the door hinges. As the doors are large the hinges can get worn under the strain. Check plastic ducting between door and body. This can break and the wires inside can snap. This will stop your electrics such as alarm, central locking, mirrors and windows from working as the circuits are broken.
4. Brakes. check for wear on the fronts. Easy and cheap to replace from independants.
5. Air Conditioning. Check this is cold as it can need re-gassing and the pipes can corrode. The pipes are hard to come by should they need replacing.

Thats about it hope you enjoy your new car and it has a good sound system for the wiggles etc

if you neeed help there is http://www.pug306.net/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FAO. The moose,

Thanks for the reply really appreciate the comments even if some went a little over my head :( , but I'm here to learn and take care on my pug.

as for the sound system its not bad and they left a sugerbabes CD in it.
wiggles has a big scratch down it though so lookin for replacement as we speak.

Thanks again.:thumb:

·
Registered
862 Posts
We are all here to help in whatever (small ) way we can,hope they knocked a few pounds of it for leaving that c.d. in it!! Good luck with the car wish you many miles of trouble free motoring. Dont be a stranger to the forum go off topic if you want to have a rant about anything at all. :circle:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there mrgq,

Would love nothing more than to show you my girl but i have a problem with that kind off technology, I don't have it yet.

so cant download any pics.... but watch this space.:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts