Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
OK...GIVE IN...Can any patient kind soul explain in ABC language how to post photos on the site, from an iphone 6.

Many Thanks
If you are doing it from a browser and you want to upload directly from your iphone you have one issue:- Size. The max file size is 97.7kb which is horrendously small but can work.
First off in the part where you are writing your reply, scroll down to Additional Options and where it says Manage Attachment tap on it (see fig 1).
Next step, a new window opens (see fig 2) and where it says 'Choose File' tap on it and now select from your photo library the photo you wish to upload.
Once selected choose 'Upload'. Your photo will now show underneath as an uploaded file.
Next step, scroll to the bottom and tap on 'Close Window'.
Finally, continue writing your reply then hit 'Preview Post' jus o make sure you are happy with the content.
If you are then hit 'Submit Reply'. ..... ...... Job done. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
File size is not a problem on phone's. The attatched image is (the first image of my car actually) 6,3MB. The website does the conversion for you when using a mobile device.
I use an iPad and I have had issues with file size before and don't know what to do when it's rejected as too large:confused:
Any advice truly welcomed :thumb:
ps - I use Chrome as the browser.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
upload it to some free picture hosting website..than just paste the link to the picture

I personally use ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting
I too am frustrated by trying to load a foto of the correct size. I have just tried what you suggested, actually created an account on imgbb, uploaded the image to add to my profile. Received a link, pasted it in and got 'invalid file'. I know I am doing something wrong obviously but haven't a clue what. Come to that, I haven't a clue full stop when it comes to all this technology :nono::confused:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I too am frustrated by trying to load a foto of the correct size. I have just tried what you suggested, actually created an account on imgbb, uploaded the image to add to my profile. Received a link, pasted it in and got 'invalid file'. I know I am doing something wrong obviously but haven't a clue what. Come to that, I haven't a clue full stop when it comes to all this technology :nono::confused:
It's good to have company :lol:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just tried again x number of times and this is the link I got IMG 2360 — imgbb.com
What the heck do I do with that? That's me becoming very :mad: by the way. I know it's me as most people do not seem to have a problem and I do understand the need to keep image files small but there has to be an easier than bashing one's head against the brick wall of technology. Is there?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just tried again x number of times and this is the link I got IMG 2360 — imgbb.com
What the heck do I do with that? That's me becoming very :mad: by the way. I know it's me as most people do not seem to have a problem and I do understand the need to keep image files small but there has to be an easier than bashing one's head against the brick wall of technology. Is there?
Morning Mike,
Thanks for yesterday btw, now nursing a banding headache.
Anyway, to answer your request.
What you do Mike is when you are compiling your reply like I am doing at the mo. Look at the top where it shows Bold Italic etc. Note look right across to where you see a picture with a yellow sky and landscape. Tap on it and it asks you to enter the URL. Clear everything then paste your link into this box and hit Okay.
All you now have to do is hit Submit to close your reply window and the picture should then appear in the forum.:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Morning Mike,
Thanks for yesterday btw, now nursing a banding headache.
Anyway, to answer your request.
What you do Mike is when you are compiling your reply like I am doing at the mo. Look at the top where it shows Bold Italic etc. Note look right across to where you see a picture with a yellow sky and landscape. Tap on it and it asks you to enter the URL. Clear everything then paste your link into this box and hit Okay.
All you now have to do is hit Submit to close your reply window and the picture should then appear in the forum.:)
Nope, didn't work. Must be something to do with the URL thingy which I got from imgbb.com as recommended by gaaboy. At my wits end with this one as image resizing is an area where I don't want to go. Have messaged you, by the way.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Nope, didn't work. Must be something to do with the URL thingy which I got from imgbb.com as recommended by gaaboy. At my wits end with this one as image resizing is an area where I don't want to go. Have messaged you, by the way.
:thumb:
Did the copied link start off with http://
something like this http://ibb.co/eQ9OV

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you have Gmail or Amazon Prime or Outlook/Hotmail/Windows Pc you will have some form of cloud storage bundled for free. if Google Drive, Amazon Prime Photos.

You just turn these on on your phone/dload app and upload your photos for free. Then you can share them for free as well.

ie one I took earlier..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/clouddrive...1l4Czq47pTl?v=grid&ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

https://content-eu.drive.amazonaws....k8rRRWBT8NTC_yy0Y9twIFDNmkeJxFPc?viewBox=1402

On Amazon Prime

p.s. Hope that works lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts