Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm hoping for other people's experiences and what works for them.

I have 2x USB ports in my Peugeot - one in the centre by the AUX input and one in the coin slot by the driver's door. Neither seem to charge my iphone (either at all or if they do then it's very slight).

I use my phone often for Waze navigation - it's much better than the in-built Sat Nav.

I could buy a cigarette lighter charger for my phone but then I'm not sure how I'd mount the phone on the dash in the middle of the car. I currently use a magnet clip which attaches on the driver's side air vent but this magnet adapter doesn't fit in the air vent in middle of the dashboard!

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, so no photos for this, but this is my solution…
I’ve got the Allure model with the electronic parking brake and this facilitates my installation as I get a nice cubby hole in the centre console where the regular handbrake would be.
Items needed for this job:
Method:
  1. Identify one of the fuses in the glovebox that protect either the front or rear 12v accessory socket.
  2. Remove the fuse and install the add-a-circuit fuse tap.
  3. Wire the dual USB adapter connector to the fuse tap and route the cables underneath the fuse box and out of the back of the glovebox. It may be necessary to secure the wiring with zip-ties.
  4. Cut off approx. 1.5 metres of old innertube and thread the 2 USB cables through it.
  5. Plug the USB cables into the dual USB adapter connector and secure with electrical tape.
  6. Remove the panel at the side of the footwell and also the trim around the electronic parking brake.
  7. Route the innertube/cable assembly around the footwell and up inside the centre console so that the cable ends fall inside the small cubby hole behind the electronic parking brake.
  8. Replace all the centre console trim being careful not to trap the cables too badly.
  9. If your phone supports it, attach the wireless charging plate to one of the cables.
Job done.

With this solution, I can put my phone in the cubby hole on the charging plate so it keeps charging as I drive and the other cable is a spare in case my passenger needs to charge a phone.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I already have one of the USB power supplies, used it in my earlier 308.
Why not just connect directly to the back of the 12V socket in the centre console? The fuse and wiring is more than enough. 3A at 5 volts is only just over 1A at 14V.

But why Peugeot fitted such a weak USB connection I will never know, it doesn't charge the phone, just stops it from discharging more while connected.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so no photos for this, but this is my solution…
I’ve got the Allure model with the electronic parking brake and this facilitates my installation as I get a nice cubby hole in the centre console where the regular handbrake would be.
Items needed for this job:
Method:
  1. Identify one of the fuses in the glovebox that protect either the front or rear 12v accessory socket.
  2. Remove the fuse and install the add-a-circuit fuse tap.
  3. Wire the dual USB adapter connector to the fuse tap and route the cables underneath the fuse box and out of the back of the glovebox. It may be necessary to secure the wiring with zip-ties.
  4. Cut off approx. 1.5 metres of old innertube and thread the 2 USB cables through it.
  5. Plug the USB cables into the dual USB adapter connector and secure with electrical tape.
  6. Remove the panel at the side of the footwell and also the trim around the electronic parking brake.
  7. Route the innertube/cable assembly around the footwell and up inside the centre console so that the cable ends fall inside the small cubby hole behind the electronic parking brake.
  8. Replace all the centre console trim being careful not to trap the cables too badly.
  9. If your phone supports it, attach the wireless charging plate to one of the cables.
Job done.

With this solution, I can put my phone in the cubby hole on the charging plate so it keeps charging as I drive and the other cable is a spare in case my passenger needs to charge a phone.
Where do you put your coffee!?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This certainly looks smart but not very good reviews on Amazon:
https://goo.gl/pTjAN1

In any case, this is the one i already have (https://goo.gl/tm3t6j) and whilst it fit my previous bmw perfectly, doesnt really like the short air vents in the 308 because of the clip in the middle - i guess it's the same on this Nillkin judging by the images of the back of it ??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don308 hi
Your private message box is full so I write here.
I don’t have any but I may send you drawings just give your email address

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts