Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !
I hope you can help me out :confused:
My father's car stopped abruptly the other day.
When I went there it turned out that the rubber on the pulley (engine) that drives the AC / Alternator had fallen off. The belt was still there but the battery had run out of power (he had not noticed anything and was driving the car with no charging, so it stopped when the battery was almost empty.
I trailed the car home to my workshop, and put it on charge, changed the pulley and the belt, but it will not start, I think the immobilizer have been activated :confused:. There are 2 keys, remote locking, but it have not worked for the past two years, however, the car started with no problems with both keys before, but now it does not start with any of them .....
The button that is located in the middle of the car with a key (picture)to blink rapidly.
could it be that the immobilizer is activated ? and what to do? The central locking does not work, I can lock with the key in the driver door, it's the only door that locks ( only driver door)
When I put the ignition ON , I get a message " ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE" . I have tried with a new battery, but the same message.
When I connect the car to the computer I get the following error Code :
P0562
P1327

I am from Sweden and my technical English is not so good, but I hope you understand my problem :)

I would be Grateful for help and tips as soon as possible!

Thank you !

Bg pson

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
try a BSI reset as under

the only thing is you will not be able to open a window :(

2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

the economy mode Active is how the peugeot conserves battery power it will go off after a restart

www.peugeot206cc.co.uk - peugeot 206cc owners club • View topic - HELP PLEASE!! -Ignition - Integrated Phase Detection!!!!
ignition intergrated phase detection 2001 1.6 307
that looks like the second error

the first error could well be a stored error relating to low voltage

·
5,891 Posts
If no chime for key present then likely BSI has lost coding for keys common with flat batteries etc on 307's

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
try a BSI reset as under

the only thing is you will not be able to open a window :(

2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

the economy mode Active is how the peugeot conserves battery power it will go off after a restart

www.peugeot206cc.co.uk - peugeot 206cc owners club • View topic - HELP PLEASE!! -Ignition - Integrated Phase Detection!!!!
ignition intergrated phase detection 2001 1.6 307
that looks like the second error

the first error could well be a stored error relating to low voltage

I have tried this steps 4 times, but nothing happens, maybe I do something wrong !
I'll try a few more times.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If no chime for key present then likely BSI has lost coding for keys common with flat batteries etc on 307's
Is it possible to re-code the keys with some aftermarket diagnostic tool, or do I have to take the car to a Peugot workshop ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
No doubt about it keys need recoded due to battery being flat you need to recode using planet as it is the easiest method some others can do it but you also need the confidential code it comes on a credit card size card with a rub off strip without that coding is not possible.

IF you have the code then coding using planet is straight forward even the dealers can do it :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt about it keys need recoded due to battery being flat you need to recode using planet as it is the easiest method some others can do it but you also need the confidential code it comes on a credit card size card with a rub off strip without that coding is not possible.

IF you have the code then coding using planet is straight forward even the dealers can do it :)
Hi , I can not find the code when I look in the papers, is it possible for the dealer or any other to read the code out with the VIN number ?

I was able to "kick" the car out of Economy mode, I pulled the car with another car using the second gear , then it jumped out of this mode.

The electric is working again (windows, lights and so on) , except the central locking, do you know if the central locking is supposed to work when the immobilizer is active ? (the key button that is located on the panel (in the middle of the panel) is blinking constantly .

Thank you !

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Economy mode does not matter anyway if you towed it and it still did not start it is simply key coding now the dealers can get the 4 digit code from Peugeots servers so in your case best bet is tow it to dealers and get them to recode keys

Are you actually in Sweden at moment as if so dealers are probably your only option if in uk then post location and someone local could come do it cheaper than dealers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Economy mode does not matter anyway if you towed it and it still did not start it is simply key coding now the dealers can get the 4 digit code from Peugeots servers so in your case best bet is tow it to dealers and get them to recode keys

Are you actually in Sweden at moment as if so dealers are probably your only option if in uk then post location and someone local could come do it cheaper than dealers
Hi again! I live in Sweden, but it is more easy to get help in this forum than the Swedish Peugeot forum.

So, I still have problem but I will explain what have happen.

I got the 4 digit code from the dealer, I took the car to a workshop that have planet, we found out that it was a problem with the engine ECU , so i buy a used one with the same number , now the workshop can do the key programming using planet, but it says that the key does not match :confused:

Is it not possible to change the engine ECU ? Or could it be that someone else have changed the BSI and the code before ? , so the transponder code is not the original ?

I am running out of ideas for the moment......

The workshop told me that I have to order BSI box and Engine ECU together if I should get it to work....:confused:

Please, if you have any more suggestion, I will be more than happy.

Thank you !

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
WHY did they think the ecu was the problem if they have now coded keys in swap the original ecu back and see if it works.

The keys are coded to the BSI NOT ECU the ECU is coded to the BSI sort of the code is sent from the BSI to the ECU and must match so a used ecu will NOT WORK

A full ECU BSI and key set will work but I doubt it is necessary in this case

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I will go there on monday and put back the old ECU , then we will try again.
Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi !

I went there today, changed back to the original one (ECU).... same problem :(
He told me that he could not reprogram the keys, planet does not accept the programming. ( maybe the old owner have changed/ replaced the BSI )
So i think my only option is to find a complete set of Keys,BSI,ECU to be able to get this car to work........ :(

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
Sorry I do not understand you said he coded the keys with a replacement ecu is this NOT the case

Key codes are NOT stored in the ecu you can code keys WITHOUT an ecu connected I believe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I do not understand you said he coded the keys with a replacement ecu is this NOT the case

Key codes are NOT stored in the ecu you can code keys WITHOUT an ecu connected I believe
Ok, well i called him this morning and he told me that when he try to code the BSI it does not accept ( when he enter the code ) No respond, like time out ?
When he put the other engine ECU , he is able to code ( no timeout etc) but the BSI is not accepting the 4 digit code that I got from the Peugot Dealer.

I cant say exactly what happen when coding,( I have not see it) but this is what the told me.

He also told me that he have connected another OBD program, and they make a self test of the BSI and the system said the BSI was ok.

Is it possible to reset the BSI (immo) in some other way ? Because I cant do it when the remote key is not working right?

Maybe the workshop do not know how to do this. ( authorized service Citroen)

Anyhow, I will try to borrow planet from someone to try to do it by myself . it's also easier for me to explain for you what actually happens.

/ Thank you

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
If they are used to citroen then they are used to Peugeot same thing !!

I do not understand how they can get access to code BSI only with the wrong ECU fitted

Ask them to read the VIN code stored in the BSI to be sure the bsi is correct one for car it may have been changed already so the 4 digit code is no use

code needs to be the one for the BSI

Sounds like they do not really know what to do !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi all...

It ended up with a used BSI,ECU and a chip to the key.... so the car is working again:)

Next question is if it is possible to reprogram the central locking system ? and can it be done with planet ? For now I can only lock the driver door manually with the key.

Once again, thanks for the help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts