Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all, I am new at this and am doing this in the hope that someone can help me/us.

I have a Peugot 307SW Diesel, HDI 110. I am probably going to sound a bit selfish at first but I can promise this is not the case. I love my car and I love my dad. I returned a couple of days ago from a 2 week holiday to find that my 76 year old father had decided to give me a nice surprise and change the EGR valve on my car knowing that I had had problems with it for quite a while. He has always done the work on our cars but in recent years due to age has simply stuck to the occasional oil and filter change. It turns out he was told the EGR valve on my car was at the rear bottom part of the engine and that the engine had to be partly removed to access it,( this later turned out to be incorrect). To cut a long story short he has changed the valve but on reassembling the engine clearly something is not right, the engine sounds awful as if it is blowing or has a broken exust and when pressing the excelerator fully the rev counter doesn't even touch the 3000 mark. He is gutted as he feels he has made matters worse for me and I cannot afford to take her to a garage. He is determined to solve the problem but to try and help him can anyone please give me a guide line as to what the problem could be. He knows I need the car for work and feels he has let me down,,,,,,,,,,,,, please please please,,,,,, can anyone help !!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Which bits of engine did he remove? Is some on air intake not aligned properly? I haven't checked mine but as I understand it, you have to remove some of the induction system, undo a rear engine mount and remove sir filter box then you can gain access to the egr

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have took off my EGR valve from 1.6hdi 110 which is under the fuel filter, means need to remove the air duct pipe, fuel filter and battery if need to before to the access EGR but when the engine don't go rev over 3,000 rpm this means the ecu has stop because of anti pollute system fault on display central console for clog grease carbon in EGR or the pipe to the other side top of the inlet manifold. When you said it sounds awful maybe didn't clip the pipe between EGR property so there is gas leak makes sounds different. Check if you can smell the fumes come out in engine bay?
Have you check maybe the exhaust has just come off or damage gasket the things has happen to me before when I hear noise gas escape and fume was coming after finish repair my engine that I didn't touch the exhaust. Found the turbo and catalytic converter gasket seal was worn just damage when I was do on my car engine maybe I have hit the exhaust system. Accident do happen

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you woofer for your prompt reply, he basically removed every pipe going,engine mountings and exhaust, we have now managed to eliminate the noise, she sounds fine but she still is running very slow, hardly passes the 2000 rev mark and refuses to pick up any significant speed. Any ideas ????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Gibbo yes thank you I have seen your reply and was about to try and reply, I say reply because I am finding these websites hard to understand. We have managed to eliminate the noise but she is still running very slow, she seems to accelerate fine at first but then reaches a slow speed and no matter how much I press the accelerator she just doesn't even attempt to speed up, its as if she was just happy at a slow speed. approx 35 -40 mph. We have found some kind of an electrical part with a disconnected wire, it has 2 wires one yellow and the other is a pinky/white color. The white wire it the one that has disconnected, I am sending you a picture to see if you know what it is, it is litterally at the front bottom of the engine, if you just put you hand under the front spoiler you can put your hand on it, could this be causing the problem, if not have you any idea what else it could be causing the slow running, and thank you soooo much for trying to help me !!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
getting a diagnostic will really help as a fault code could be causing issues, the fault code may give a hint to whats going on also.

though i would expect that if its in limp mode the engine management light would be on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Gibbo it turns out the engine management light is on plus indicating ESP fault, ABS fault and anti pollution fault?????

·
5,884 Posts
Check all vac pipes are on correct and I would also check earth leads on to the engine as one may have snapped when engine moved

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
From the sounds of it he may have mixed up vac pipes or similar

I never noticed anything saying if it is a 1.6 or a 2 litre both come in 110 hp and both come in 307s but the procedure to replace is very different as is the valve !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts