Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, i have got a boxer 2.5 none turbo high top van and im having trouble with 2nd gear, its crunching into 2nd,all the other gears are spot on, if i double cluch or change into 2nd slowly it gose in without crunching, but at high reves or chang straight into 2nd , it crunches,i have tryed ajusting the clutch cable up and down but still no diffrance,i have been told that the cluch needs replacing, im not convinced on this as i would think it would do it on all gears, i think it could be the syncromesh on 2nd thats gone or going, could any1 give me a second opinion on this plz, any advice would be gratefull.... thanks in advance. chris

C

·
0 Posts
Could be clutch, but could equally be synchro or screwed baulk rings. Either way, I think you're looking at box off for a wee nosey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chopper1192 said:
Could be clutch, but could equally be synchro or screwed baulk rings. Either way, I think you're looking at box off for a wee nosey.
thanks for the reply, but, if it was the clutch wouldent it do it in all gears?,there is no slipping or juddering and it stalls in gear with the handbrake on.

C

·
0 Posts
chris66 said:
thanks for the reply, but, if it was the clutch wouldnt it do it in all gears?
Not necessarily. Some gears are mechanically easier to select than others, depending on the ratios and the alignment of the layshaft and mainshaft at that point in it's action. Either way, to check the clutch or the box you gotta drop the box off so if it's the clutch then it'll become readily apparent, if not then the box is off ready for stripping or replacement.

If it is the box, stick a new clutch in while it's all apart unless it's pretty new. save you another labour bill later on down the line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok m8, thanks for that, i have been and got some advice from local garages and they have told me that it sounds like the syncromesh, so,it looks like a nother gearbox is on the cards, and on looking for one on ebay,thats gonna be expencive to, oh well, needs must ..lol

C

·
0 Posts
I think it's most likely to be the baulk rings but, yeah, a good used gearbox is probably the best way forward. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts