Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
New budget models

They are probably updating it with the new gt line and gt low spec same price bargain cars !!!!
I don't want one, but no way am I waiting until October
Already been 16 weeks wait with no date

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
They are probably updating it with the new gt line and gt low spec same price bargain cars !!!!
I don't want one, but no way am I waiting until October
Already been 16 weeks wait with no date
I'm due to place my order this Thursday. Knowing my luck it wouldn't surprise me if they changed something which then removes it from Motability.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I see you still cannot access the configuration pages for any of the 3008 SUV models. Weirdly all it shows is a picture of a 308!

I rang my Peugeot dealer in Chesterfield the second they opened this morning at 08:30AM prompt who knew nothing about this . They promised to ring me back later...... anyone know what time frame the word later comes from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
3008 SUV Configure page removed on Peugeot website!

I placed my 3008 SUV GT LINE order mid April and called the dealership as I wanted to add the electric tailgate which was not a problem until yesterday when I got a call from the sales advisior to say my order had gone into build so adding the option would new a new order that would delay my vehicle until September?October!

He also said that the engine 1.2 130BHP was no longer an option as Peugeot would only be using 1.6 and 2ltr engines going forward. He could not answer my question when I said that most reviews had prefered the 1.2 130BHP auto.

I then went on line at 16:00 to see the 3008 SUV configure page which has now gone!! How strange

Anyone have an idea why? It's my first Peugeot and now I'm feeling a little unsure on my build with the 1.2ltr 130BHP Auto GT Line now the engine is no longer an option have Peugeot had complaints of it being underpowered?:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Their website broke on the configurator for the 3008 previously. If you debug it in Chrome you'll see that it fails because the trimSelector is not found. I suspect they have updated something and borked it by accident. When it comes back up properly, it's worth checking to see if they have changed any prices or model availability.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'd say it's more a factor of inability to supply the demand for the 1.2
......it's that good and there are so many smaller Pugs that need it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quite strange, people on here praise them highly. Wonder if it`s due to demand been too high for the 1.2, plus they are using it on the new crossland as well and probably the new Citroen. Maybe they just cannot make enough units to supply the demand and want people to switch to the 1.6 to take the pressure off, i prefer the 1.6 TBH but that`s just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Too much demand for the latest Pugs and definitely not enough production capacity AFAIC
The absolute standouts are the 1.2 engine series and the definitive crossover /SUV 3008

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
I very much doubt you will be offered any deal on the CH-R, as Toyota have forbidden dealers to offer discounts. I was initially going to buy one myself, but walked away when the best any dealer would offer was free mats and a tank of fuel.
Besides that the car is really dark and claustrophobic in the back, particularly for children, the boot was an odd shape, and you couldn't get the upgraded stereo without the full leather interior at £1800.
The CH-R looks great, but I think (depending on the spec you want) there is a significant wait for them too.
I felt the pick of the bunch was the Excel, because the partial leather looks great. The more expensive Dynamic has (IMHO) really nasty cheap looking blue and black fabric seats, and the black roof is matt paint, which will probably etch horribly if bird droppings get on it.
I also felt the 1.2 engine wasn't as sweet and responsive as the Peugeot 1.2, and the 1.8 hybrid felt woefully underpowered, not working nearly as well in the CH-R as it does in the Prius.
Good luck whatever you decide!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It would appear according to the updated price list and spec sheet that it's only the 1.2 GT Line eat 6 that is going to be removed. All the other specs have this but the GT Line shows in red (stock only). This was updated to day as the sheet says May 2017.

I assume that this is the most popular spec .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.