Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunatly the computers at work wont allow me to access that translated page so i cannot see what it says...but what is the purpose of sticking the light in an oven? to melt the glue?

·
Registered
91 Posts
He put it in the oven to melt the glue so it could be dismantled, i don't think i would fancy putty my headlights in the oven just to add some leds to them.:eek:

·
Registered
906 Posts
they look nice.. I would have used the bigger LED and in white color to make it look like the real thing.. you can spot and aftermarket job from miles away with they blue lights..

its funny how the guy put his lamps in the oven.. but he has put hard work in it and did a great job by sharing it with other folk on the forum..

well done and cheers cck2k9..

PS. I wouldnt mind experimenting on a spare set of lamps

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Scotcruz said:
they look nice.. I would have used the bigger LED and in white color to make it look like the real thing.. you can spot and aftermarket job from miles away with they blue lights..

its funny how the guy put his lamps in the oven.. but he has put hard work in it and did a great job by sharing it with other folk on the forum..

well done and cheers cck2k9..

PS. I wouldnt mind experimenting on a spare set of lamps
If you want to pay the postage i`ll send you one.:)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should of said earlier, i was stripping me car down, could of got the lights of mine (can see from photos they are still good - apart from rear)...shortly for sale...a blue led lit genuine peugeot cd player....unfortunately i cannot program it, since i missing a vital bit of kit - my car....also my planet and lexia system if i dont get a peugeot or citroen

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unfortunatly not, i left it in there as apparently the more added features to the car, adds value for insurance so i left it in there to argue it had a trip computer :p

S

·
0 Posts
How does it work with write offs, do they let you strip stuff out after valuation or is it once theyve valued they'll ship it off to a breakers yard??

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well as far as i know they look at the car and value it, but i say if it rolled 3 times things are going to fly off :p plus it is legally mine until i hand over the v5c....just and update the GAP insurance are happy to pay up and they want me (for being a very good customer) to refinance another car and they will pay me back the excess for my insurance, which luckily is only £100 (should be around £500). but to answer your question once i accept a valuation i hand over all paperwork, they accept ownership and it goes toa breakers yard, where they will strip it down for parts....obv they have to say by law that the parts have come from a write off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts