Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately due to Peugeot being pricks when it comes to vehicle manufacture, I have decided to remove any knowledge that I have posted to teach people to avoid buying
purchasing these cars, when they have incompetent service technicians!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just bought myself a '53 307!
Loving the car thouroughly but have one quirk: the bass response is non-existant!
I plan on replacing the Head Unit and have just read the above about Multiplex, I'm just wondering if, when I replace the HU, will the car electronics fail and go into an error, or will the only problem be the steering stalk not working?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
g-star said:
Hi everyone!

Just bought myself a '53 307!
Loving the car thouroughly but have one quirk: the bass response is non-existant!
I plan on replacing the Head Unit and have just read the above about Multiplex, I'm just wondering if, when I replace the HU, will the car electronics fail and go into an error, or will the only problem be the steering stalk not working?

Thanks in advance!
How about trying the Clarin CAN-bus converter?

http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/support/cip/can/index.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
tyongchi said:
How about trying the Clarin CAN-bus converter?
Nice find! Does anyone know where I can get hold of one of these in the UK?
And had anyone tried it? I'd love to know how well it works.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
207cc enquiries

Hi there, just bought a 207cc, wondering if what you said applies to 207cc as well?

Intend to do up soundsystem (using existing HU input into a sound processor + amp + better speakers) and aftermarket 2 way alarm. What say you? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
please help

ravex2 said:
Hi there, just bought a 207cc, wondering if what you said applies to 207cc as well?

Intend to do up soundsystem (using existing HU input into a sound processor + amp + better speakers) and aftermarket 2 way alarm. What say you? Thanks!
how do I post a new tread here
My fan belt is slipping off my partner van wondering the reason its a 1999 model

·
Registered
77 Posts
The multiplex wiring loom shouldn't cause any problems with fitting a replacement head unit.. The unit will still use a standard 12v permenant supply.. The only thing you will be missing is the ignition feed as the unit will be turned on via the canbus wiring. If you want to save some money wire both power wires off the stereo to the 12v permenant on the car...The speaker wires will be standard as all vehicles (not canbus)... Be very careful none of the output voltage wires from the stereo go to any of the canbus wires in the loom or damage will be caused...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts