Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have recently bought a new Peugeot 2008, I have some updates that need to be done but im having issues with the peugot desktop app.

i have installed the updates to my PC and when the peugeot aplication tries to format the usb and transfer the files, i get an error:
KEY FORMATTING ERROR
Warning, it is impossible to format this USB key.
Please select another.

i have tried 3 diffrent USB sticks
is there another way around this? what can i do ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been searching for a few days as I had the same issue. To to re-itterate, in case someone else sees this thread, you have to use a memory stick no bigger than 32gb as the file format needs to be FAT32. The Peugeot Update app kept telling me it couldn't format any USB stick that I tried, and then I found this, which worked perfectly for both updating the maps and also touchscreen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

The solution is simple, partitions bigger than 32GB cannot be formatted using FAT32. So open your disk management on your computer. (right click on "this pc", click on manage, then disk management) Find the corresponding USB drive in the listed disks. Delete the volume (you will lose everything in the disk in this step). Then create a new volume which is smaller than 32GB, there you go! Now you are able to format the newly created partition with FAT32 file system. After that "Peugeot Update" application will be able to manage the disk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still having issues :( I get notification from the security center: "Protected Memory Access blocked" everytime the peugeot update app tries to format the usb disk. (a 64 GB disk formatted with a single 32 GB Fat32).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, The solution is simple, partitions bigger than 32GB cannot be formatted using FAT32. So open your disk management on your computer. (right click on "this pc", click on manage, then disk management) Find the corresponding USB drive in the listed disks. Delete the volume (you will lose everything in the disk in this step). Then create a new volume which is smaller than 32GB, there you go! Now you are able to format the newly created partition with FAT32 file system. After that "Peugeot Update" application will be able to manage the disk.
thanks that worked a treat, however Peugeot should have thought of that, and sorted it not good is it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts