Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

So to get right into it, I own a 2008 Peugeot 207 GTi 1.6l 175bhp. The car was bought for me last year with about 50,000km on the clock. It now has 92,000km.

Since I've bought it, we've sent it in 3 times. Once was due to a loss of engine power, which was a known issue and was fixed for free.
Second time, 'Depollution System Faulty' error comes on and it's to do with the fuel pump. A lot of money later, all is good until this week.

Same error, but with a heavy loss of power and super fast running fans. I get told it's a misfire on cylinder 1 and something about the pistons being cracked.

Report I was sent: imgur.com/a/9qmuC "Mechanical inspection shows oil bypass from cylinder"

Nonetheless, I was told that I could either fix the car for triple it's value or sell it off. Anyone here experience something similar? Ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Bit puzzled as to how a cracked piston was diagnosed. Unless they used a flexible camera system. If oil is getting into the chamber or the chamber is losing pressure it could be due to a number of faults, broken ring, poor seal on the valve stem, valve seat wear. First thing I would do is have a look at the spark plug and see what condition it is in. That can tell you a lot about what's going on in the cylinder.

A pressure test would confirm or otherwise one of the above problems. If it's not confirmed by a pressure check there are many other reasons for a misfire, both fuel and electronic.

Take the plug out, photograph it if you can and post the photo back here. Otherwise, take them all out and see what the No1 plug looks like compared to the others and let us know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A pressure test was done. I'm not very good with car stuff but I think they mentioned something about rings/valves. I'm going to take it to another person for a second opinion.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If the engine does have internal damage its not going to be a cheap fix but there are options buying a used engine and fitting that would probably be cheapest option or a rebuild of your own but find yourself someone with proper knowledge of the engine not a main dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts