Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
i have automatic peugeot 307 year 52 i changed today thermostat on it and it still over heated the temp stable at 90 and no hot air inside car (just bit warm) i checked every thing but its weird i opened the radiator cap and saw the water keeps flooding and then go down is that normal?? any idea may i can do before i take it to garage ??

thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
You have got an air lock in the system. Bleed it through thoroughly until the heater matrix gets got hot flow via fans and leave the heater on hot while doing this.

Try persevere with this until you are satisfied you have got all the air out as Pugs can be a right pain if not filled using the correct procedure.

There is another way I would consider but again this is old school and I would only recommend this this if someone absolutely knows what they are doing and confident to do so. :D

Kind regards Adam. :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i got my mate was helping me doing it he got 307 diesel 03 as well and he changed his stat couples weeks ago and its fine we took the air out but we dont get why i dont get hot air inside car ??

·
Registered
253 Posts
What was the reason you changed the stat?

Was jammed shut or open?

Ok options:-

Drain down. Reverse flush as it is possible the matrix may be blocked. Refill slowly and while doing this start the engine and this aids bleeding.

You could put some flushing agent in there to dislodge the curd etc. This also depends how long the coolant has been in there.

What did the coolant look like when drained first time round?

To me this has a massive air lock somewhere.

Give it another go just in case you never know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason to change it took me nearly 8 miles to get some hot air inside car so i will have go again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts