Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Can someone please tell me what is going on with the supply, delivery and the access to parts of the new 3008 SUV's?

I ordered mine on 2nd June 2017 and was told a delivery time of end of September. That got changed to 26th of Oct, Great! The delivery was cancelled a few days before due to a fault found during the PDI (pre delivery inspection). It is now 6th November and my car is still awaiting part/s. The thing is, i'm due to start paying for this car soon and i haven't even got it yet. Come on Peugeot pull your finger out!!

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Not a dealer review, moved to 3008 sub forum.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Have you even read the forum there were a lot of issues 1 was the dashboard factory going on fire another was engine supply and there was the sheer number of orders caught peugeot with their pants down they did no expect people to want the car in such high volumes :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Reliable 406

I knew about them getting caught out with the amount of orders but did't see/read anything about a fire or engine issues. Anyway that is besides the point, my 3008 is all built. Why is it taking so long to repair and re-deliver i wonder.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hi Reliable 406

I knew about them getting caught out with the amount of orders but did't see/read anything about a fire or engine issues. Anyway that is besides the point, my 3008 is all built. Why is it taking so long to repair and re-deliver i wonder.
I don't really have a lot of faith with peugeot dealer or peugeot themselves due to the debacle that has been the 3008 ordering process. The cynical side of me thinks that they never had your car so just told you it failed its pdi to hold you off from the reality that their is some other screwup.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
2 possibilities here

1 the car DID arrive and it was damaged in transit they dont want to admit that as you may reject the car so are hoping they can fix it so you wont notice

2 they dont even have the car and assume the average buyer does not know what a PDI is so hope that will give them time to get car then DO the PDI :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
First things first ~ Demand EVERYTHING in writing. Word of mouth or a telephone conversation proves nothing.
You just do not know how far this will go or what consequences you may be facing.
By having all the facts and their responses in writing it stabilises your case.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys

Beau: That actually wasn't a question, it was me just thinking out loud if you like.

I had an email yesterday saying the issue with my car (at sheerness) is the radio unit is faulty and another has to come from France. Because this is specific to each car, it cannot be swapped out with another. So not sure whether they have blank radio's on the shelf or one has to be built. It just keeps getting worse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Beards

I hear what you are saying. The good thing is that all this communication has been done through email, of which i have kept. My issue now is that my first direct debit payment on the car is due the 23rd of this month but i don't have the car yet. Do i cancel the DD (is what i want to do) as i can't see me getting it before the 23rd.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Beards

I hear what you are saying. The good thing is that all this communication has been done through email, of which i have kept. My issue now is that my first direct debit payment on the car is due the 23rd of this month but i don't have the car yet. Do i cancel the DD (is what i want to do) as i can't see me getting it before the 23rd.
I would have thought the dealer should really give you a loan 3008 for the duration of your wait. I'd insist!!

Grumpy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Grumpy

You are right! they actually did say they will try and get me a courtesy car, problem is though, i cannot take time off work to receive delivery (Mon to Fri). It would be great if they gave me a GT line 1.6 Auto and told me to keep it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Grumpy

You are right! they actually did say they will try and get me a courtesy car, problem is though, i cannot take time off work to receive delivery (Mon to Fri). It would be great if they gave me a GT line 1.6 Auto and told me to keep it.
I do hope the second sentance of your signature still turns out to be true.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Grumpy

There isn't any reason why you shouldn't be able to collect (or have delivered)1` a courtesy car at the weekend before then. It's not your fault they have messed up. Just threaten to reject the car and say you're going to VW..
That'll put the fear of God into them!!

Grumpy

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Radios are VIN coded so they are matched to the car as they say but its not a hard process i sell the older radios and input the vin for my customers so that when it arrives its just plug and play so yes they will have blank radios on the shelf it sounds bollox to me :)

I also dont see why the PDI would happen in sheerness as dealers have always done PDIs in house and i would expect a dealer to do 1 anyway to be sure it arrived at them ok !
A lot could happen during transport !

·
Registered
765 Posts
Radios are VIN coded so they are matched to the car as they say but its not a hard process i sell the older radios and input the vin for my customers so that when it arrives its just plug and play so yes they will have blank radios on the shelf it sounds bollox to me :)

I also dont see why the PDI would happen in sheerness as dealers have always done PDIs in house and i would expect a dealer to do 1 anyway to be sure it arrived at them ok !
A lot could happen during transport !
PDI at sheerness is not unusual, especially for internet/broker sales etc where the dealer is trying to have minimal involvement. I believe Gefco(I think that's the lot) do offer PDI as a service as well as the transport inspection.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys

Yes, mine was purchased through an online broker which i took a gamble on using as the price was so much cheaper then going to a Peugeot dealer (which i did first). Anyway my car arrived last Friday 10 Nov and i am very pleased with it. It had only done 6 miles and was delivered on the back of a one car carrier truck. I've only done about 24 miles in it so far but am very happy with the way it handles. Coming from driving an RCZ, it will feel completely different at first and take a little getting used to the new higher driving position and the smaller steering wheel but it can only get better and i love it already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts