Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I use Service Box to look up a VIN I have not previously looked up, I am getting an orange banner with "[email protected] not available " on it. I have previously seen this, but it soon went away. This time it has been happening for 3 days, on different PCs.

The LAN connection is working, as indicated by the banner about accessing from another PC. Thinking it might be because of my Jersey internet connection, I have tried by connecting via a UK VPN, but no change.

Is this a general problem, or am I the only one so afflicted?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've been on Servicebox this afternoon with no issue, but noticed a new style website. Could be worth trying again now?

I have certainly experienced issues in the past with it not recognising a VIN, but being fine later - a curio of the web.

·
5,633 Posts
They are migrating all of the brands together into a single system so i think things are a bit hit and miss at the moment.

From both Citroen and Peugeot sites you can now access Peugeot, Citroen and DS parts listings etc, which is handy

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Actually, I can't get on the website - it threw me off about a year ago. It tells me "Your country is not configured..." I've noted the change to the website front-end, and attempted a new registration, which appears to have worked, but "Your country is not configured..." persists.

I have the software installed in a VM - it has been working very well, up to now, and has the advantage that the SEDRE is also available, and the procedures can be read without payment. This issue with [email protected], which I assume is a VIN search engine on a Peugeot server, is a frustrating nuisance. Hopefully, it is a temporary glitch.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Actually, I can't get on the website - it threw me off about a year ago. It tells me "Your country is not configured..."
This can happen if you have a dynamic IP address and your ISP changes it. It happened to me some time ago and I was unable to log on for several months but my ISP has now changed my IP address again and it's now working. See if you can log on via your mobile phone's SIM by tethering it as a hot spot, that worked for me when I was unable to log on before. I believe you can ask your ISP to change your IP address, it should then work.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but same result. (tears hair out). I wasn't too hopeful, as I'd already tried using a VPN, which changes the apparent IP address.

I've emailed the [email protected] as suggested by the site - let's see if I get a response.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hope you get a response and get it sorted Ian. Maybe deleting cookies might help?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It only runs on Windows.

What you can do is go to Peugeot Workshop Manuals and choose any of the £9.99 offers (do NOT click the blue rectangles - they lead to the expensive stuff). You will get a download of the complete Service Box Documentation and SEDRE for all the listed models in virtual machine form. You can then download the free Mac version of Virtualbox, and install the VM into that. That will give you a virtual WinXP3 with the applications already installed in it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It only runs on Windows.

What you can do is go to Peugeot Workshop Manuals and choose any of the £9.99 offers (do NOT click the blue rectangles - they lead to the expensive stuff). You will get a download of the complete Service Box Documentation and SEDRE for all the listed models in virtual machine form. You can then download the free Mac version of Virtualbox, and install the VM into that. That will give you a virtual WinXP3 with the applications already installed in it.
Thanks Ian, I might just install VM on my Mac and download a zip version of it, on that Emanuel site I take it you still have to pay £9.99 for the download ?? And one more question my misses car is the 207CC so getting a 207 manual will cover the CC aswell ??? :lol:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
If you use a zip version from...., you will have to install Windows yourself into the VM software before you can install the Service Box software. XPSP3 is best.

The emanual version has the Service Box pre-installed into the VM. You just pull the file into the VM and go. You don't have to worry about viruses, cracks, activation, etc. It is the full Service box, so it will cover both your cars and all the others.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you use a zip version from...., you will have to install Windows yourself into the VM software before you can install the Service Box software. XPSP3 is best.

The emanual version has the Service Box pre-installed into the VM. You just pull the file into the VM and go. You don't have to worry about viruses, cracks, activation, etc. It is the full Service box, so it will cover both your cars and all the others.
downloading it all now, 14gb download so hopefully will have it all. thanks for help:thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts