Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after about 7 visits to a few dealerships iv come to the conclusion that peugeot's are a load of scrap, a pollination filter (part of exhaust) cost £740,
new cat & exhaust cheapest believe it or not was wait 4 it £1982 with £535 returned if they get old 1 and this is me doing it myself so far buy car £10k 03 plate, repairs to date £1050 only had car 8mth with prospect of spending another £1400 and so on exhaust, after reading the forums on this page all i seem to see is prob after prob with peugeot so in short when your peugeot reaches 3yrs just SCRAP IT cos its gonna be cheaper in the long run i will NEVER NEVER buy another pug and will warn as many people of pugs as i can :mad:

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's not the peugeot that's at fault, but you, when you buy any second hand car you should check the history on it, including the service history, regardless if it is purchased second hand privately, or from peugeot second hand themselves.

In your case always blame yourself, not the car manufacturer, unless you own a Hyundai, General motors, ford or anything out of America.

To be honest if the car is looked after and the original owner has any eye for detail, meaning if there is remotely a chance of a warranty based issue and it was repaired, then you would have purchased a well looked after car.
I might bet that this car of your's has some accident damage somewhere on the body.

My closing words, a second hand car is a second car car, you get what you paid for, in some cases someone else's neglect.

·
Registered
862 Posts
:iagree: cars are now so technically advanced that repairs for any not just pugs can be eye watering. The emission limits placed on cars particulary, diesels are the main reason a new exhaust/cat, filters etc are so expensive.

You go to any forum and you will see people complaining of the costs of parts and repairs.Dealers do themselves no favours with what they charge for labour (£73 ph+vat) it is going to mount up.

A well maintained pug,ford,toyota or whatever will not land you these size of bills not saying you havent looked after your car but maybe the previous owner was a little carefree towards it. I know this will not alter your opinion of pugs but i am on mt 4th and they have cost me no more than tyres and brakes. :nod:

http://www.national.co.uk/

full system fitted £592 10% off if ordered on line

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
johnc said:
It's not the peugeot that's at fault, but you, when you buy any second hand car you should check the history on it, including the service history, regardless if it is purchased second hand privately, or from peugeot second hand themselves.

In your case always blame yourself, not the car manufacturer, unless you own a Hyundai, General motors, ford or anything out of America.

To be honest if the car is looked after and the original owner has any eye for detail, meaning if there is remotely a chance of a warranty based issue and it was repaired, then you would have purchased a well looked after car.
I might bet that this car of your's has some accident damage somewhere on the body.

My closing words, a second hand car is a second car car, you get what you paid for, in some cases someone else's neglect.
car came with full service history was a autolease car so nothing was spared and if you saw a picture of car you would see it is in immaculate condition inside and out, you should go to 807 faults and see what other pug owners say about them, brand new and zero mls needing attention for 4hrs @ dealer,another just 6mths old and doors open @ 70mph on a moterway with kids in the back i could go on and on just check out the site first before sticking up 4 pugs

·
Registered
256 Posts
Go buy a Ford or General Motors and you'll be fighting them for a new car after your engine catches fire. Peugeot is by no means perfect, no-one is, to be honest how cars are driven determine how long they last in your case it might be immaculate but the "driven" side is important, ex lease cars are never looked after, my friend used to own Europcar corporation and their european cars were never serviced by citroen/volkswagon or BMW.

Fair is fair if you purchased a new peugeot then I'd agree with you, your car is not new, so a little TLC and expense would be needed.

Eg: I recently sold my Hyundai after owning it for seven years since new, before I sold it I had to spend $1,500 on it to get it up to scratch for a roadworthy, the car was immaculate, clean had all sophisticated electrics, original hyundai stereo, and still the doors had the pre delivery plastic protectors on the handles, which I never new where there. But after all my service history I still had to change a rear drum that had a slight leak, the seatbelt had to be changed and the front disc's were replaced. These items after seven years were never done, to my amazement after getting services done I was never informed that my discs had shrunk below standard diameter, yet I was annoyed with Hyundai for the parts but in the end it is wear and tear, before I handed over the cars I had to change the ignition leads as the car began to run rough. It all comes down to wear and usage,
Hyundai are cheap, Peugeot is not, hyundai use cheap parts and a cheap design team, /Peugeot use bosch and spare no expense in designing there cars for maximum performance and safety. Buy a General Motors and suffer permanent injuries in an accident, buy a peugeot and suffer from shock after
you realise how on earth did you survive.

The 807 has problems all elite cars have issues eg Mercedes $100,000, cars have electronic issues costing the company 12 million in repairs, BMW idrive system is known as a joke around the world for it's complexity, the problems you describe are minor. My four month old pug has a slight issue, the interior light sometimes stays on, very rarely but it is an issue, but it can be fixed by a reprogram unlike the other manufactures who have to rewire. All I have to do is contact peugeot australia and they send a technician out to my door, it's a new service which is fantastic, no other manufacturer offers this kind of treatment, go to ford or opel and ask them to come out to fix it and they tell you to take a hike.

If this doesn't convince you nothing will, so I can only say so much I hope you sit down calm down and enjoy your peugeot, if you buy elite be prepared to pay elite prices for parts, but please use this forum for assistance because many of us know where to get cheap parts and accessories, we are here to guide and help as best as we can.

I know when I get my car serviced I'm gonna scream, but I purchased a Peugeot knowing of this and was made aware of the running cost before I put pen to paper.:) :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice one ...

A nice balanced, and friendly reply!! This is what discussion forums should be all about. People too often forget this when replying to posts, and get a bit hot under the collar.

Well done JohnC.

:thumb:

·
Registered
93 Posts
even though peugeots dont sell in most countries like it did in the 90's, i still like them a lot. I think they have class and sport

1 - 8 of 8 Posts