Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
According to the motoring press Peugeot sales are down this year, despite the launch of the 3008. On the other hand Toyota's share of the market is up, and this is being attributed solely to the success of the CH-R.
Don't know about the rest of you, but I have only seen 2 CH-Rs on the road so far, and one of those was the demonstrator they loaned me for the weekend back in January. I had expected to see plenty of them, living in an area where cars are often seen as fashion statements. I kind of liked the CH-R (despite it's many faults), but maybe it is just too devisive and "out there", even for Essex girl/boy tastes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have seen maybe 2 or 3 CHR's on the road but 15+ 3008, the issue is that Toyota sell globally where as PSA do not but I cannot see it being down to just these two.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I've seen more of the Honda than the Pug which truly baffles me.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Peugeots sales are down because they are not building cars fast enough and chasing buyers away they have ruined their best chance of beating the competition by giving crap service crap info and not educating their dealers properly :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think Peugeot did rather well in terms of sales but crashed in China, hence the bad overall result.

Do we have any statistics for the UK ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Peugeots sales are down because they are not building cars fast enough and chasing buyers away they have ruined their best chance of beating the competition by giving crap service crap info and not educating their dealers properly :)
Case of old company doing innovation but not innovating in the company processes and culture itself leading to low RoI on their innovative thinking.

·
Registered
152 Posts
To be fair most manufacturers uk sales were poor this year hence all the daft scrappage schemes on offer
Been a tough year indeed for car sales, my Peugeot dealership sort of hinted at just how quiet things had been in the latter half of the year. I witnessed the same at other brand dealerships too, just eerily quiet and very willing to bend over backwards for the sale, much more so than previous few years.

It's a very good environment for the buyer right now with very competitive deals to be had at relatively low interest rates, providing personal affordability is carefully considered as things most likely worsen next year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
We are doing our best to keep the sales up here :D

Out of the 20 most sold cars in Norway this year, the 3008 is one of only three models that does not have an electric engine.

That is a huge achievement in Norway where hybrids and electric vehicles have a lot of benefits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the exception of the 3008 and 5008, I'm not terribly impressed with Peugeot's line up at present. Hopefully the modern design cues and technology will filter down to the other vehicles in their range. This might make them more attractive to buyers.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The new 508 is coming, it should help for those who want a saloon :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
With the exception of the 3008 and 5008, I'm not terribly impressed with Peugeot's line up at present. Hopefully the modern design cues and technology will filter down to the other vehicles in their range. This might make them more attractive to buyers.
You seem to be forgetting the smaller SUV model the 2008,after trying the 3008,I found the 2008 just as good if not better.
I went for the 2008 GT Line with the 1.2 110 bhp and the EAT6 gearbox.
I have driven Pugs for years and in my opinion this is the best so far,a lovely car to drive.

·
Registered
152 Posts
To be fair I do see a considerable number of new 2008's on the road, clearly selling well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts