Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2012 Peugeot RCZ THP 156 automatic 57k . Have driven about 2500 km.(8 months) Mostly 10 km trips. Engine is dry, no leaks oil or coolant. I religiously check oil and coolant every week.( I heard about Peugeots ). So far added 400 ml of oil and coolant on 3 occasions at 400 ml each time. Thought maybe a head gasket problem. Took it on a 150 km thrash to Woollongong back through the Royal National. No overheating, no loss of oil, no foam in oil, no loss of coolant. Two weeks later (today) added a third lot (400 ml) coolant. When warmed up, temperature always stays just below 90 only once had steam rise up on start up on a cold day (I owned plenty of Nissan 240 k's and Skylines to know about head gaskets). Has any one any ideas? Is such a small loss of coolant normal on Peugeots ? Or do I just do a compression test and are the Peugeot mechanics in Alexandria OK?

·
Registered
Peugeot 4007, 2013.
2,460 Posts
Might be worth checking the heater core inside the vehicle wasn't a source before getting a compression test.
A compression test will identify a leak issue into the water jacket from a hairline crack or an issue with the headgasket, if present, and if you can't see any slow leaks from the system, be worth a taking this off the list.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just had my thermostat housing replaced. The leak didn't show up under pressure testing, and it only leaked when the engine was hot. I guess something else might have been inadvertently fixed when replacing the housing, but Occam's razor would say it was the housing. That wouldn't explain your loss of oil though...

If Peugeot dealerships are anything like here in WA (Perth), I'd recommend going to a mechanic you know and trust. I've had many issues that were ignored or denied by the dealership, yet were fixed by my mechanic of choice, both on my RCZ and on my 308.

• Helpful
Reactions: RedSector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just ran the engine for half an hour. No leaks under the engine, including thermo housing, temperature just under 90. Unfortunately there is steam at the exhaust and there is a puddle of water in the decorative exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2012 Peugeot RCZ THP 156 automatic 57k . Have driven about 2500 km.(8 months) Mostly 10 km trips. Engine is dry, no leaks oil or coolant. I religiously check oil and coolant every week.( I heard about Peugeots ). So far added 400 ml of oil and coolant on 3 occasions at 400 ml each time. Thought maybe a head gasket problem. Took it on a 150 km thrash to Woollongong back through the Royal National. No overheating, no loss of oil, no foam in oil, no loss of coolant. Two weeks later (today) added a third lot (400 ml) coolant. When warmed up, temperature always stays just below 90 only once had steam rise up on start up on a cold day (I owned plenty of Nissan 240 k's and Skylines to know about head gaskets). Has any one any ideas? Is such a small loss of coolant normal on Peugeots ? Or do I just do a compression test and are the Peugeot mechanics in Alexandria OK?
Go to a local garage and tell the whole thing to a mechanic there. He will be able to tell you better what will be suitable for your car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts