Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all my name is mark Phillips from garnant ammanford and it's a pleasure to be on here.i wonder if anyone could help me out I own a peugeot rapier 307 2002 1.6 16v and I cannot get the car started.i have tried everything from disconnected battery to check all fuses to change battery in key fob.any help would be very grateful indeed many thanks mark

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
More precise info is needed to try and help you. Does it actually turn over on the starter? I assume it is a petrol engine. Is the key fob correct for car? Did it use to run whilst in your care? Any service history? Every little helps us to try and work out what is causing your problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the car has been running in my care I went to try and put a second hand CD player into the car and I used an electric screw driver to see what cable was what.since then really the engine turns but wont start.when I turn ignition barrel to the point it nearly to start a STOP red light on the dash wont go out and car just wont start and run.im afraid that I may have disturbed something and its activated immobiliser.my brother has run diagnosis last night and its come up with coil pack issues.but car was running fine before I went to try and see what cable was what with electric screw driver.now central locking not working of key fob to before I went messing about was working fine but it comes up on multifunction screen as economy mode active.any suggestions????????

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I cannot visualise how you can use a electric screwdriver to check a cable identification. Please explain.
Also your basic grammar makes it difficult to read your entries. Please use capitals if you can where needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The electric screwdriver type that checks which is live a 12v one.its the type that you touch the point to the cable and on the handle you touch your fingure on top and a little red light lights up to when it detects 12v power.since I've done this the car just wont start.it turns by the starter but it just wont fire and run.im afraid that I've disturbed something that's gone terribly wrong and myself and my partner are disabled and have no transport now typical on me!!!!!

·
2,632 Posts
Hi..disconect the cd player and check all the fuses...there is a know 'self inflicted problem' when a cd player is connected....check all fuses....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done all that the CD player wont work now,neither will the horn and when you put key into ignition barrel there used to be a beep that's even gone and electric windows in front wont work to before they did????

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Car is in economy mode because its not starting do a search for economy mode

You HAVE blown a fuse i guarantee it

As already asked did you replace JUST the battery in the key as if you done the usual fix of replacing key case you have thrown you immobiliser chip in bin.

If not then i say again you HAVE blown a fuse.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts