Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my GT-Line in Nov I paid (about £300 I think) for the Peugeot Protect system. Having just spilt a drink on the front seat I see that it has just sunk straight into the fabric.
I was under the impression that having had the Peugeot Protect applied liquid would just run off in droplets.
Is anyone able to confirm this as I’m feeling I wasted my money!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think it only prevents staining of the fabric much the same as Scotchguard and does not stop liquids going through it and into the seat cushion.

·
Registered
295 Posts
For £300 you surely got some paperwork.
Have a butchers through that...it should say what you can and cannot expect by way of protection.
Best of luck...I hope you can save your lovely seats.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Is anyone able to confirm this as I’m feeling I wasted my money!
No point crying over spilt milk :D

No, seriously, as suggested above, have a read of the paperwork for the Peugeot protect to see exactly what it claims to do.

If it hasn't done what it promises, then take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Look at this link. Looks like any liquid should be repelled.

https://www.robinsandday.co.uk/additional-products/peugeot-paint-protection

Quote " Once applied to your car’s fabrics and carpets, the resin based formula will repel spills and stains – making light work of cleaning."

Hmm... did they skimp and not bother with the interior? Note that this is just a link to Robins and Day, I'm not saying that they applied the Peugeot Protect in your case.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must admit I have a feeling they didn't bother applying it. I tried pouring on a little water and it just sinks straight in, no sign of any form of repelling.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If it helps my son spilt a whole drink luckily just water and I was surprised that the liquid actually pooled on the seat. We got ours in March so yours may have degraded or perhaps it wasn't applied! As an aside I think it has darkened the exterior paint as it is less metallicy than I was expecting. I guess it is a layer of glue like stuff that disguises a little the original .

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you check some of the car detailing groups online it's quite well known that these protection systems by car dealerships are either very poor, poorly applied or not applied at all.

That water should be repelling on there, especially if you spray some on, the water should bead on the surface. If it was me, I'd go back and show them it's not working and get a refund.

There are good products on the market you can apply yourself, or visit your local car detailer to apply it for you.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Looking at the Peugeot Protect leaflet, it looks as though ‘paint sealant’, ‘interiorgard’ and ‘leathergard’ are three separate products, are you sure you paid for the interior protection? If you are, then the information definitely states, “the resin based formula will repel spills and stains – making light work of cleaning”.

I didn’t bother with protection for my 3008 but my previous Focus had paint and interior protection paid for as one product so I may have read the Peugeot information incorrectly. Best look at the information that came with the car and if the Ford product is anything to go by you should also have a bag/case full of car cleaning goodies included.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was surprised to find on picking my 3008 last week that the dealer had applied Peugeot Protect on the paint work for free as the salesman says he does it for all his customers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts