Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads hope someone can guide me in the right direction, I am looking to buy pp for my 07 Peugeot 407, what's best being looking on eBay there's so many there, whats best and how is it to set up on my laptop, I am running Windows 7 64bit thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Planet will not run on a 64-bit system. Use VMWare Player (free for non-commercial use) to install a 32-bit XP SP3 Virtual Machine, and install into that.

Choose any offering which states RevC and full-chip. You'll pay more with a UK-based seller, but it's much easier to return if there's a problem.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
That PP2000 set is very cheap and does not state RevC so it probably is not. I would avoid.

That is the right VMWare Player if your laptop OS is 64-bit. You will also need a copy of XP SP3 with the activation code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your reply ya it does sound too cheap i ll have another look, where would i get a copy of XP SP3 can it be got on line do no?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Ebay. £5.89 with COA and Product Key.

Steer clear of the "repair" disks and downloads. They don't give you a product key, even if "product key" appears in the title.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
So got the VMWare Player to work on XP SP3 with Key had to install VMware Workstation 12 Player other one didn t work, do i need to run updates for XP?

So had another look on E bay and found this 1 think its got all you were saying

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PP2000-V48-Full-Chip-lexia3-Citroen-Peugeot-Diagnostic-Scanner-Diagbox-V7-83/301847423569
I didn't bother with updating XP - you don't go online with it.

The Ebay item looks ok.

Full installation instructions here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts