Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i'm thinking of buy a Peugeot Planet and being looking on fleebay can anyone tell me which one the best buy?
CHEERS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replys, i dont have lap top i did not know that was the case but im getting one in new of work but not sure what software it will have all i know its a dell and it will be sending me jobs to do :eek:
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I dont know where you work jozzy but we definately wouldnt allow that on any of our laptops!

If they have software auditing tools they'll see you've installed it straight away and may haul you in the office! (thats if it even allows you to install it at all!!)

And then they may have even blocked off the USB ports so you cant connect the interface anyway!!

True though, we are quite a mean IT dept here, yours might be a bit more relaxed! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Stubbo said:
I dont know where you work jozzy but we definately wouldnt allow that on any of our laptops!

If they have software auditing tools they'll see you've installed it straight away and may haul you in the office! (thats if it even allows you to install it at all!!)

And then they may have even blocked off the USB ports so you cant connect the interface anyway!!

True though, we are quite a mean IT dept here, yours might be a bit more relaxed! :p
I go with Stubbo on this, company computers are blocked from lots of things, loading your own software is definatley a no no.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
If you're talking to me, I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I don't fully understand what it is and what it does :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
JazzJPH said:
If you're talking to me, I'm afraid I wouldn't have a clue where to start. I don't fully understand what it is and what it does :eek:
Your car has a BSI ( people call this the brain) and individual ECU`s (smaller brains) for each part of your car ,ABS, Radio, Aircon, Engine and so on, this device plugs into your car and interrogates these to see if there any problems , this device can also activate parts on your car that you can add if you haven`t already got ,like trip computer - see below one i made earlier -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY-Zg6MHLfE

Thats as simple as i can explain hope it helps.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Cool! So is Peugeot Planet just the software or is it the whole laptop thing etc.?

And would that identify where the problem lies with my fuel gauge not working? (I have to fill the car up and reset the mile counter in order to guess the next time I need to refill)

and can Peugeot Planet make "Jazz" display at the top left of the MFD when the radio is off? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
JazzJPH said:
Cool! So is Peugeot Planet just the software or is it the whole laptop thing etc.?

And would that identify where the problem lies with my fuel gauge not working? (I have to fill the car up and reset the mile counter in order to guess the next time I need to refill)

and can Peugeot Planet make "Jazz" display at the top left of the MFD when the radio is off? :D
Any laptop will do as long as its on "xp" and a interface around £100

fuel gauge is prob just a sticky float , trip computer will tell you how many mile left , and no for Jazz :lol:
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ahh man :(

Nah trip computer won't tell me because the fuel sensor isn't telling it anything.

How do i do this? I asked the garage to do it but he said he couldn't see anything wrong, but couldn't faff on in case he knackered the fuel pump (As they are one unit, the pump and sensor) so recommended I go to an auto electrician...

Sigh..
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm not sure how the fuel thing works but I think he checked the whole mechanical moving bit. He mentioned something about an electrical current and if he did anything else he could cause the pump to jack in too.

How do these things work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
Not sure if you have two pumps one in tank and one in engine bay , but would have thought he would have lifted your seat behind drivers seat and went in that way to check float, lift up seat and you`ll see large round black dish.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I wouldn't know where to start. Wonder if anybody from my area on the forums knows how to check it.

I'm getting a bit confused with this.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top