Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it need a dvd drive to run or do you load it and then not need the disk?
reason for asking is that i have a panasonic cf18 toughbook sitting here loaded with xp and could stick it on that (i have an external drive but it needs 240v!)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wicked-now i just need to get hold of it and learn how to use it!, I hope you guys won't mind me bothering you for info!
Will it also connect to my misses 107 which i assume runs on CAN bus?

G

·
I'm currently looking into running planet under windows 7's "xp mode"

Unfortunately the unit i received was duff, waiting for a replacement

The error i got was the same on both virtual XP and real XP so i think it will work, when i get a working one i'm going to post a thread up about how to do this!

I'm also going to be running separate virtuals for Lexia and planet so i can do a bit more tweaking about with them :thumb:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i ask where you got yours? after a bit of digging around a few peugeot forums i found one on ebay (clone). the guy has 100% feedback and the only downside is that it has to come from HK. Checked the feedback and everyone who has got one is happy-just hope i am!
How did you determine it was not working?-simply not seen by the pc or unable to connect to the car?

G

·
Was being seen by the pc and drivers intstalled ok, but light on front of unit would go out after 1/2 secs and if i tried to connect to the unit the laptop would bluescreen and reboot (well i say laptop, tried 3 of them!!)

·
Registered
873 Posts
You dont need a dvd drive to install planet, you only need the install files, be it on a usb flash drive, a hard drive, or even from 2 cds.

·
Registered
134 Posts
can

hi

also the 107 is not a muliplexed vehicle.
the piloted gearbox models have a can link from box ecu only.

toddy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts