Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all. As a newbie, i'm doing my best to exhaust all of the knowledge available on the forum about my 2006 307cc. Despite this, I'm after advice about purchasing PP. I've never used anything like it, and the reasons I'm considering it's purchase is because of the extortionate amount of money dealers want for its use.
As a total novice to car diagnostics, my question is 'is it easy to get to grips with and use?'
I've seen one on the bay of E for £65.

LEXIA 3 PEUGEOT CITREON DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE PP2000 CAN BUS DIAGBOX V7 V48 V25 | eBay

is it simply plug and play? I note it says that it can be used on Windows 7, as well as XP?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP2000-LEXIA-3-PEUGEOT-CITREON-DIAGNOSTIC-INTERFACE-CAN-BUS-DIAGBOX-V7-V48-V25-/111254821469?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item19e74dda5d
without Windows 7.

Is there a user guide to the various functions available, such as activating my RD4 cd changer etc? Do I need a laptop, or can I use my PC tower, that already has XP pro?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
you need xp for planet really.

i couldnt get diagbox working so had to buy a xp laptop. it runs fine up till cars about 2007

you can use a tower but how will you connect it to the car and adjust stuff on the screen?

i purchased a cheap clone. it works fine but the instructions to setup were poor and no support from the seller. all the programs come on a disc but no instructions to what to do with it

i managed to get mine registered after about 2 weeks of getting the codes wrong etc

·
11,968 Posts
Planet is a complicated and sophisticated piece of software. It requires some basic knowledge of computers and cars for you to understand what's on screen.

For example, lets say your car is running lumpy. Plug it in and it says low fuel pressure at the high pressure fuel pump. Do you go out and spend £300 on a new pump like a certain national breakdown company suggested to a 306 owner I know.

Or do you check the lift pump in the fuel tank - clean the filter and give it a tap if the pump is sticking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi Gibbo. I think that the first thing I would do is look on here for some advice!! I guess whether I find the fault code, or Peugeot, I'd still be coming here first. My thinking is that with a one off purchase of PP, I can activate my stereo aux and cd player, install cruise control and possibly auto wipers. I'm thinking that would more than pay for it's purchase in saved charges at the dealers? With a good tutorial, I'm sure it would be a help, and I can also help others to activate and diagnose too. Any info you can give me regarding data interrogation of the system would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
my pp has paid for itself many times over. when you have it you seem to always find uses for it

once you can work it you can help fellow members too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts