Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading up on here for a while now and decided to take the plunge and buy the Lexia cable kit. Thanks to you guys, getting the right software and cable was easy :)

Now my problem...

I have added the cruise stalk to my 2004 407 2.0 HDI but cant activate it within planet. I change the parameter from absent to present and press F5 and I get "programming failed"

am i missing something??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Been reading up on here for a while now and decided to take the plunge and buy the Lexia cable kit. Thanks to you guys, getting the right software and cable was easy :)

Now my problem...

I have added the cruise stalk to my 2004 407 2.0 HDI but cant activate it within planet. I change the parameter from absent to present and press F5 and I get "programming failed"

am i missing something??

Thanks
ENGINE ECU & BSI CONFIGURATION1)Global Test
2)Engine ecu
3)Configuration..once in the Configuration menu scroll down untill you see Cruise control..it will display "absent"..change this to "Present"..press F5 to configure.
it should display "Configuration carried Out"

If not repeat sometimes mine dont configurate first time.

Come back out of the engine ecu and select Bsi...
1)Select "configuration."
2)Select "Customer options"
3)Select "miscellaneous"
4)Scroll down untill you see "Presence and type of cruise control/speed limiter" it should say "value invalid" select this...
5)In this menu i selected "with type 2.2 cruise control and without speed limiter"

Once you have both engine ecu and bsi configuraton changed your cruise control should be working fine.... :D and you should have this on your display once
activated with planet.....

Where you from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response mate :) much appreciated.:thumb:

Will give it a try this evening.

Im from Essex, not far from lakeside shopping centre.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ENGINE ECU & BSI CONFIGURATION1)Global Test
2)Engine ecu
3)Configuration..once in the Configuration menu scroll down untill you see Cruise control..it will display "absent"..change this to "Present"..press F5 to configure.
it should display "Configuration carried Out"

If not repeat sometimes mine dont configurate first time.

Come back out of the engine ecu and select Bsi...
1)Select "configuration."
2)Select "Customer options"
3)Select "miscellaneous"
4)Scroll down untill you see "Presence and type of cruise control/speed limiter" it should say "value invalid" select this...
5)In this menu i selected "with type 2.2 cruise control and without speed limiter"

Once you have both engine ecu and bsi configuraton changed your cruise control should be working fine.... :D and you should have this on your display once
activated with planet.....

Where you from?
Thanks for this. I got the bsi parameter set but when I change the ecu parameter, it still fails with the same error message.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hello

Which stalk have you purchased ?

Part no 6242 Z9 - Cruise Control
Part no 6242 Z8 - Cruise Control with Speed Limiter (This stalk will not work unless you fit an extra switch to the accelerator pedal)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Just make sure stalk is fitted correctly clicks into place if its saying not present or failed might not be able to see bad connection i would take stalk out and refit just to make sure its clicked into place .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello

Which stalk have you purchased ?

Part no 6242 Z9 - Cruise Control
Part no 6242 Z8 - Cruise Control with Speed Limiter (This stalk will not work unless you fit an extra switch to the accelerator pedal)
The stalks is the Z9 - without speed limiter

The stalk works because it has been activated in BSI, and if i press a button on it, the dash registers cruise control turned on - but it doesnt "cruise" lol

The ECU wont allow me to make changes!!

EDIT: Using planet 23.34
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there any configurations to be made elsewhere like engine ECU? com2000?
The only config change I need to make is the cruise control change! I dont know of any other changes required. I have done the BSI change and that seems to have worked as now the stalk buttons do appear to function

TIA

Rick

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get him to try it with the car running or straight after a long journey , a weak battery has to power up the BSI then the ECU`s in turn .
I tried that this morning - drove to work, about 25 miles - then gave it a go - still no joy!

Edit: Engine running too - Planet tells you to switch it on so i did

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there somewhere in engine ECU you can attempt to configure and if so what does it do when you try?
Do you mean somewhere other than the cruise control? I havent tried changing anything else in the ECU screens. Do you know of something that i can change that would be "safe" :lol:

This is what I am doing, kindly posted by nige65:

1)Global Test
2)Engine ecu

At this point is just returns with "Programming failed"

Thanks for your assistance guys

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there other options/versions have you tried then?
Yeah, the 2.1 cruise without limiter and with limiter. Both allow programming change but then show an error.

I am wondering if i can make any ECU changes!! Is it possible that the ECU has newer software than planet recognises?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts