Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just working my way round PP. And seeing readings for the same thing: actual, reference and repeat. Or words to those effect.

What do these mean please?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Reference is what the ECU wants the value to be and actual is what it actually is.
E.g., the ECU thinks that a certain volume of air should be coming in through the MAF and it compares this to the actual value and then decides if it wants to do something such as move the air doser or recycle more or less exhaust.

Repeat applies to actuators that move. For example the ECU requests the EGR value to open and the EGR reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if they're different then the ECU might decide to sent Aunty Pollution to visit you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reference is what the ECU wants the value to be and actual is what it actually is.

E.g., the ECU thinks that a certain volume of air should be coming in through the MAF and it compares this to the actual value and then decides if it wants to do something such as move the air doser or recycle more or less exhaust.

Repeat applies to actuators that move. For example the ECU requests the EGR value to open and the EGR reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if they're different then the ECU might decide to sent Aunty Pollution to visit you.
Thanks for that. Makes sense.

Got a permanent MAF low pressure felt and an intermittent low pressure turbo fault so looking at values to see what's up...

Cheers

·
Registered
648 Posts
My money's on the MAF being the cause, which sometimes throws up boost faults. Clear the faults, unplug the MAF and go for a drive. It should drive a bit better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My money's on the MAF being the cause, which sometimes throws up boost faults. Clear the faults, unplug the MAF and go for a drive. It should drive a bit better.
I'll do that in the morning.

Not sure if a result of the MAF being faulty or not but the turbo is playing up. Late to boost and the boost seems to come in and out when it's on the boost. Strange! I'm guessing more issues than one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Disconnected MAF sensor and drove home from work like that. All symptoms gone. No layers boost. No hesitancy whilst on the boost! So it's the MAF that's a goner

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good to hear. Don't be tempted to get a cheap replacement MAF, they often don't last long. I got mine from eurocarcare.net for about £60. Had exactly the same symptoms as you. Put the new one on and it like a new car! Increase in fuel economy of about 10MPG too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking forward to getting them 10mpgs back! Cherrs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts