Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
After purchasing pp2000 and connecting it to the vehicle to read the live data it very quickly became apparent to me that I had nothing to reference the data with.
I had a look on the forum to see if there was an area where this data would be posted but couldn't find it.

So just a thought, under the forums for each car model would it not be an idea to post the pp2000 engine parameters from known good readings so we all have something to reference our data from.

This seems an obvious suggestion so let me know if it's been done already, if it's a stupid idea or if you think it's something should be done.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
369 Posts
Excellent idea :thumb:
I was thinking of getting a PP2000 but not having anything to reference the data with is a problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does someone want to create a template we can print off and then fill in when we do a diagnostic?
Gibbo,
I have seen a few posted on here from members who have had problems so there must be a way to export from PP2000.

I suppose we would want around three from each model of vehicle, one at tick over, one at 1500 rpm and another at 3000rpm.

This of coarse would not cover any temp related issues you would need some when cold and some when hot.

Perhaps I'm starting to answer my own question perhaps there are just too many parameters to take into account?

Any suggestions appreciated the more the merrier.

R

·
0 Posts
id of thought the problem with it would be the same as the going by the book method.it wouldnt account for a worn engine.what might be well good for a low milage car would be totaly differant on a high milage one.just a thought tho..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
id of thought the problem with it would be the same as the going by the book method.it wouldnt account for a worn engine.what might be well good for a low milage car would be totaly differant on a high milage one.just a thought tho..
rogersimons,

Good point but it would give you a ball park figure to aim for.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
to begin with, i agree this is a good idea...the down side, is server space...if everyone starts uploading pp2000 files, it could get a bit cluttered. also there will be a risk involved of viruses and even damage to cars.

however i would be happy to see reference values typed out or in pdf format. i know with ford they have software called ETIS and on that it gives references to what things should be with tolerances and how much tolerance you can get away with...really handy when diag electrical circuits. does servicebox do this?

if a thread is started in every car sub-forum, it can be made into a sticky for the time being. once we get some data for each models, then i can move to possibly its own section.

if that makes sense to everyone. :thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to begin with, i agree this is a good idea...the down side, is server space...if everyone starts uploading pp2000 files, it could get a bit cluttered. also there will be a risk involved of viruses and even damage to cars.

however i would be happy to see reference values typed out or in pdf format. i know with ford they have software called ETIS and on that it gives references to what things should be with tolerances and how much tolerance you can get away with...really handy when diag electrical circuits. does servicebox do this?

if a thread is started in every car sub-forum, it can be made into a sticky for the time being. once we get some data for each models, then i can move to possibly its own section.

if that makes sense to everyone. :thumb:
John_h,
Thanks for the input on this post.

I use Diagbox which I don't think has any reference values, if we are allowed to use pdf file I will check to see if parameters can be frozen and exported as pdf if this will be acceptable .

More input required by members that know their way around PP2000 please!!!:forum:

·
Registered
369 Posts
John_h,
Thanks for the input on this post.

I use Diagbox which I don't think has any reference values, if we are allowed to use pdf file I will check to see if parameters can be frozen and exported as pdf if this will be acceptable .

More input required by members that know their way around PP2000 please!!!:forum:
I have just ordered a Lexia 3 from Jim so once I work out how it works (and can verify my car doesn't have any issues) I can post data for a 2.0 HDI 136 XSI
Or at least check them with somebody else’s to verify results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have just ordered a Lexia 3 from Jim so once I work out how it works (and can verify my car doesn't have any issues) I can post data for a 2.0 HDI 136 XSI
Or at least check them with somebody else’s to verify results.
rbaz,

I was hoping we could get some Peugeot Technicians involved in uploading the known good parameter results or sending to a technician before we post to check it as this would be the only way to be sure that we are getting good data.

But I don't think any technicians have made any comments on this post yet, are any of you watching the post?:lol:

·
Registered
673 Posts
rbaz,

I was hoping we could get some Peugeot Technicians involved in uploading the known good parameter results or sending to a technician before we post to check it as this would be the only way to be sure that we are getting good data.

But I don't think any technicians have made any comments on this post yet, are any of you watching the post?:lol:
you've got more chance of platting fog mate....just a screen shot of your parameters to reference mine against is what i wanted...obvs if you had the same model...i.e. 2.0 110 hdi...doesnt matter what model they all the same engine...:thumb:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you've got more chance of platting fog mate....just a screen shot of your parameters to reference mine against is what i wanted...obvs if you had the same model...i.e. 2.0 110 hdi...doesnt matter what model they all the same engine...:thumb:
elmafudd,

I wouldn't put mine up here yet as I have errors with throttle butterfly valve at the moment but when it's all good I will post (if I ever get it clear of errors, you cure one and another is just behind).

·
Registered
369 Posts
rbaz,

Obviously much better if techs could create the references but as elmafud said probably not going to happen so cross referencing a few of each engine type would be a good start.

·
Registered
673 Posts
elmafudd,

I wouldn't put mine up here yet as I have errors with throttle butterfly valve at the moment but when it's all good I will post (if I ever get it clear of errors, you cure one and another is just behind).
Whereas mine is fault free but runs like a lorry..powerless, knocks like a dog and i just cant quite figure whats causing it....seriously contemplating stealers, but thats a whole load of new threads...

I'm happy to screenshot mine and post them but i cant figure out how to upload a picture without having to host it somewhere...im thick i know...:thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts