Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Peugeot Planet/Lexia 3 - newbie

Dear forum!

I have a friend who has borrowed my Lexia 3 interface to troubleshot a Peugeot. The main objective is to read fault code.

Basic facts:

1. Peugeot Partner model year 2000, petrol, unknown engine type
2. Lexia interface, successfully used with CItroen Berlingo 1998, 1.4, software Lexia3, V45
3. Windows XP
4. Software PP2000_09A_21.14V1.8.5

Now, according to my friend the software is successfully installed and activated. After firing up Peugeot Planet Office, selected a car model, he is give three or four choices (I am not sure):

1. Peugeot Planet Diag
2. Peugeot Planet 2000
3. Electrical schematic (software was installed in Swedish so I am not sure here)
4. Some other option not discussed

First question, in order to just read fault codes, what alternative above is correct?

According to my friend selecting "Peugeot Planet Diag", result in no action, e.g. no submenu, no error or warning, nothing. Is that a correct behavior for this software version and this car model?

When selecting "Peugeot Planet 2000" a number of actions are carried out, these actions were not discussed in detail. The result was always the same. "Not able to connect to ECU/control box". The message was in Swedish so I might have made a incorrect translation. But my understanding was that the communication to the Lexia interfacer was OK, but the communication with the ECU was unsuccessful. This is just my guess.

Next question, what is the best way to proceed the trouble shooting?

My DVD contained one additional software version, PP2000_09B_22.14. Is it wise to install this onto the already activated version PP2000_09A_21.14V1.8.5?

I know that when I first used the Lexia interface the firmware in the Lexia interface was updated. This was done by the Citroen software, Lexia3, V45. Could this be a problem?

Best regards

Mikael Carlsson

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Load the Peugeot software software (pick English language) pick second option down out of your choices :thumb:

Just read your post again , you said you have planet loaded , why not read the Peugeot with this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Load the Peugeot software software (pick English language) pick second option down out of your choices :thumb:

Just read your post again , you said you have planet loaded , why not read the Peugeot with this?
Hi! Maybe my post is unclear, sorry about that. Our issue is that we are not able to read the fault codes. My friend has then selected the correct alternative, "Peugeot Planet 2000", that is great, one step forward, thanks!

Now:

When selecting "Peugeot Planet 2000" a number of actions are carried out, these actions were not discussed in detail. The result was always the same. "Not able to connect to ECU/control box". The message was in Swedish so I might have made a incorrect translation. But my understanding was that the communication to the Lexia interfacer was OK, but the communication with the ECU was unsuccessful. This is just my guess.

Next question, what is the best way to proceed the trouble shooting?

My DVD contained one additional software version, PP2000_09B_22.14. Is it wise to install this onto the already activated version PP2000_09A_21.14V1.8.5?

I know that when I first used the Lexia interface the firmware in the Lexia interface was updated. This was done by the Citroen software, Lexia3, V45. Could this be a problem?
Any comment on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.