Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

i bought my pp interface a month ago and spent ages trying to get it to work...failing miserably....but am back to it now...

ive now got to the stage where i have installed the driver when i plug the interface into the computer via usb (the other end doesnt need to be connected to the car yet does it- just the interface?)

anyway, a green light comes on the interface for 1 second when i plug it into the computer, then green light turns off....is this normal?

and when i go to run peugeot planet (hoping to get to the activation stage)... a window pops up and tells me it cannot open because the interface is not connected....but it is connected, i have the usb lead in the computer connected to interface via the 15 pin input, and then on the other end the large round output goes to nothing.....is this right?

im worried this interface i bought such a long time ago is faulty now...

doing my head in!!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi guys,

i bought my pp interface a month ago and spent ages trying to get it to work...failing miserably....but am back to it now...

ive now got to the stage where i have installed the driver when i plug the interface into the computer via usb (the other end doesnt need to be connected to the car yet does it- just the interface?)

anyway, a green light comes on the interface for 1 second when i plug it into the computer, then green light turns off....is this normal?
Please refer to page :
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/detailing-gadgets-29/peugeot-planet-installation-activation-updating-manuals-14905/#post51746

Download installation manual, and complete steps 15 to 28

Cheers, Amir

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi amir,

i appreciate your installation guides, they're very good and clear however my problem is that the computer isn't detecting the interface cable, or the interface cable is broken, i understand what i have to do, i.e. steps 15 to 28, however i think i may have a dodgy cable (I bought it from a polish guy through ebay in bristol but in the end i just ended up going to his house to pick it up...)

like i have been saying, ive got the stage where 'its found new hardware and finished installing the software'.....

when i click 'finish', the box closes but nothing happens, so i click on the pp icon on desktop and instead of PP opening.... this screen pops up, i have attached below......even though my interface is still connected- i have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it again, it still doesn't know it's there...

(i never get a loading bar as pictured in your guide when th peugeot planet office logo comes up)...

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after I installed the driver and disconnected the USB and reconnected it, it said the computer didn't recognize this device...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts