Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

im having a problem after installing and now reinstalling peugeot planet twice now...once installed, when i click on the icon in my desktop, this message comes up;

"it is not possible to start peugeot planet for the following reasons;

Peugeot planet interface is not connected to the USB port of your PC,
Peugeot planet interface is being used by anotherapplication.
therefore, peugeot planet interface must be connectedto the PC and the other applications must be closed.

Then in a white box below that it says 'validate tocontinue'

I tried connecting it through the cableto my car but this message keptcoming up stopping PP opening,
can someone please explain how i can get around this problem.....

thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
joey what kind of cable are you using ? and when you open it up go to the spanner symbol at the bottom of the page to validate/activate software.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,

thanks for your reply. i bought the cable from a guy in bristol, he sold them on ebay, seems like a good one and it connects fine but cant seem to get software goin, but im confused why no one else has had this problem, ive inserted an image of the screen that pops up every time (there is no toolbar i can press to insert key gen)

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just to confirm, when i was installing it after extracting the rar files, I clicked on the file-

'InstPC.exe'

was this the right file to click for installling PP.........just thought that could be the problem too...

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
The file you click on to install will look like a Blue Empire State Building (or a block of Flats)
is the cable a Lexia Interface?

You might have to reinstall ,you on xp?

·
Registered
169 Posts
After you finished installing PP,

connect your interface(cable) to Pc, then you can do this in two ways:

1) on bottom right side of your screen where is Windows clock, a white message box will appear saying "new device have found" click on it

2) if the message doesn't appear do this:
---a) Windows Start menu,
---b) Control Panel
---c) Add hardware,
------C1) Click on Option Yes, i have connected
------C2) under installed Hardware, look for your device, If its not there, scroll to bottom of the page where is says: "Add a new Hardware device"
------C3) click on "Search For and install the hardware Automatically"
------C4) If it asked for a Disk, or driver, Click on Have disc, and point the address to your install CD.

3) Unplug it, then plug it back in, you should here a sound, it is just like when you plug in any USB to your computer. If not here it, Unplug it, Restart your computer while is booting up, plug your device and repeat from 1 or 2.

4) Run Peugeot Planet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After you finished installing PP,

------C1) Click on Option Yes, i have connected
------C2) under installed Hardware, look for your device, If its not there, scroll to bottom of the page where is says: "Add a new Hardware device"
------C3) click on "Search For and install the hardware Automatically"
------C4) If it asked for a Disk, or driver, Click on Have disc, and point the address to your install CD.

3) Unplug it, then plug it back in, you should here a sound, it is just like when you plug in any USB to your computer. If not here it, Unplug it, Restart your computer while is booting up, plug your device and repeat from 1 or 2.

4) Run Peugeot Planet.
I got the same problem and I can`t find the "option Yes" that you explain.
When connecting the usb plug, 3 similar sounds follows and nothing more happens. very frustrating:(

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
you either creat MSN account or other softwares and give details to a person, like me for example, and one day same time both get on to our computers at home, your at your computer and me at my end, and ill connect to your compuer and take over your pc.

then i can remotly install or uninstall anything you would need.

only thing is, both endes they require highspeed ADSL connection, otherwise it will be very painfull.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I too have a problem with PP2000

I cannot install via 'InstPC.exe', I can only install from 'Setup.exe' which the installs the software and I can acitvate etc with the inteface connected also the hardware installed etc.

But when connected to the OBD port and ignition switched on when asked by the program. I have a message 'ECU has not replied' and even inserting the VIN and Build number, I get nothing.

Also tried on a 53plt 2ltr 206 and same results.

Any clues why the ECU will not reply.

On my Audi I had, using a VAG unit I had to set the baud rate to read the ECU although this was via a Serial port not USB.

thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok, thats no problem.

Where the program will not install from 'InstPC.exe' only from 'Setup.exe', will this be an issue.

As i will be using 'add/remove', most certainly some of the registry keys will remain, will this be an issue.

thanks

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Ok, thats no problem.

Where the program will not install from 'InstPC.exe' only from 'Setup.exe', will this be an issue.

As i will be using 'add/remove', most certainly some of the registry keys will remain, will this be an issue.

thanks
You need to get it "InstPC.exe" to work , are you on XP ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes its XP Pro, SP3 all firewalls, antivirus and malware turned off. All the "PP2000" is installed on a spare Hdrive used only for this purpose. All latest microsoft updates etc.

It does start installing from 'InstPC.exe'. to the point where it shows various images, then tells me to restart the laptop and try again. Yet if I go from 'Setup.exe', no probs in installing right through activating etc and see's the interface in order to run the program.

thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts