Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think it's each to their own and you've just reminded me that I have a job to finish but I guess it also depends on what you're doing and how long it's gonna take and then there's the question of whether you go to them or they come to you.

I've never seen anyone state how much they charge.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's each to their own and you've just reminded me that I have a job to finish but I guess it also depends on what you're doing and how long it's gonna take and then there's the question of whether you go to them or they come to you.

I've never seen anyone state how much they charge.
Ok I was just trying to find out what was a good price.
I was charged £24 the other week for a read out

·
Registered
580 Posts
if its a quick job and they come to me i wouldnt charge anything. and have even just offered to go to someone and not charge them anything as i want to just get use out of it and learn as much as i can about how to use it.

·
11,992 Posts
A tenner is usually the going rate and is all I take if people come to me, or a nice bottle of wine. I charge £15 if its going somewhat out of my way to do it and charge £20 to non forum members. I PDF the fault code pages and offer a free second diagnostic after they've done a fix.

And if I can't give clear results then I don't charge.

Considering a garage will charge at least £25 with generic equipment, a Pug indy garage will charge around £40 with Planet and Peugeot charge £80 (although some will charge £40 if the diagnostic takes under half an hour, but most will bill you the full hour).

D

·
0 Posts
No point being a busy fool. Reading faults is simple, planet is never usually necessary for most 'readings' as its the interpretation of the fault that counts as the real diagnosis.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree you need to know WHAT the codes etc mean they rarely mean replace this part and your sorted :)
So when using the kit don't they just say (a code then rear left abs sensor) and things like that????
When I had mine on a snap on diagnostic (at a garage) it said the code then rear left abs sensor.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Yes but that does not mean you need a new rear wheel sensor !!

It means the abs ecu is not liking what it sees in relation to the rear wheel sensor

could be sensor
could be wiring
could even be the abs ecu

The codes are only a help to diagnose the problem someone with experience can tell what a fault is likely to be from the symptoms/codes

Low boost pressure is a good example its rarely because your turbo is not working but people tend to blame the turbo first :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
peugeot planet charges

ive pm'd a couple of pug planet owners recently and im still waiting to hear from them, hope they reply back soon with a quote for me.:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Based in Scotland and wouldn't mind getting my Peugeot 307 hdi connected up and getting the over speed disabled. Spoke to Peugeot and they never knew anything about it. Think they just didn't want me speeding. Anyone know anyone in Scotland?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Based in Scotland and wouldn't mind getting my Peugeot 307 hdi connected up and getting the over speed disabled. Spoke to Peugeot and they never knew anything about it. Think they just didn't want me speeding. Anyone know anyone in Scotland?
What's it limited too? I wouldn't know as I don't speed :whistle: :copcar:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts