Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have the above car, (2005) it made a pop noise and then when I accelerate it makes a whooshing sort of noise and I lose power. If I drop the revs and gently accelerate it is ok. It just happens under load. I didn't get any warning lights on the dash.

I was told it may be a leak in the intercooler pipes but I cant see any splits or damage.

Has anyone any suggestions where to look or how to check? I was just about to trade the car in, but would rather sort this issue first if possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for the reply davidireland, I have checked the hoses and they are all connected. I have felt for splits in the two bellows connecting to the intercooler and they seem ok, thought they could have perished a bit by now. There is another rubber coupling further on and that is also ok. I was going to spray some soapy water on if I could get it to do it again.

I have taken the car for another quick spin and accelerated firmly to 3000rpm and it hasn't done it. Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've seen the rubber seal rings on each side of the intercooler where the aluminium cooler matrix is crimped onto the plastic sides , blow out and hiss

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the shaft of the turbo also. There should be little to no movement in it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
There is some movement, I'd guess more than there should be but not as much as I've seen on some youtube videos. Are my symptoms, the whooshing noise only under hard acceleration and load, running ok at other times typical of excess wear in the shaft bearing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was indeed the Turbo, as I was about to change the car anyway I just traded it in.
Thanks for everyone's assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts