Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, new to the forum, apologies in advance if I am not posting in the right place. I'd welcome some advice concerning recent ignition problems with my Partner Car, which is on an 07 plate, and is a diesel engine. I seem to behaving problems with the car's ignition, especially after a decent run in the car, and the engine is warmed up. When I go to start the car there is nothing there, just a solitary click, nothing else. There is no sluggish turning over of the starter motor, the ignition lights don't go out, nor dim, there is just the one click. however, if left to cool down, the car starts no problem at all!!??? The engine is running fine, there is no warning lights seeking my attention. The common denominator is a warmed up engine. I have had her into the local garage I use, and after 2 and a half days of almost constant running the car, the ignition was fine, no problem at all!! They tested the battery and starter motor, both seem to be working without problems. I would welcome any ideas, help, or advice on how to proceed, many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Ok 1.6 starter is down the rear so not easy to get at check the earths from battery to body and engine but if they are fine then im afraid the starter is the most likely culprit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, will check earths like you say, then look to replace starter motor, if nothing comes of the check. Many thanks, best regards paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts