Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me get correct peugeot part number for dual mass flywheel ?
My car is peugeot 307 sw 2 ltr hdi 2003 53 registration. (SR53 NHC)
The flywheel went the other day smashing the crankshaft sensor and no doubt the clutch. Yep lucky white heather... Im trying to get best prices but need to make sure Im pricing the correct compatable part. I tried service box but cant seem to find the part relating to flywheel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I didnt go through dealer I sourced the parts online and Im getting my mechanic mate to fit. I got a new clutch kit for £60,a new dmf for £150 and my mate is taking £150 to fit.
Its still an expensive job but I think Ive sourced parts very well and managed to keep costs to a minimum compared to some other stories Ive read.
Hopefully the repair goes to plan

D

·
0 Posts
Hi, I didnt go through dealer I sourced the parts online and Im getting my mechanic mate to fit. I got a new clutch kit for £60,a new dmf for £150 and my mate is taking £150 to fit.
Its still an expensive job but I think Ive sourced parts very well and managed to keep costs to a minimum compared to some other stories Ive read.
Hopefully the repair goes to plan
What about gear oil and driveshaft oil seals. Ill guarantee they'll leak after.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The repair will start on Monday so Id like to be fully prepared. Is it recommended that I replace driveshaft seals ? Is there anything else I should replace or look out for ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just posted another question but then recalled your answer above. I did mention this to the mechanic but looks like its been overlooked.
Can you please send me a link to show what a driveshaft oil seal looks like and where I can get one ?

D

·
0 Posts
Its a seal that the shaft goes through where it enters the gearbox. There are two. The driveshafts have to come out again for fittment.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for this ! The mechanic only fitted 7 of the 8 flywheel bolts as 1 was apparantly missing. Do you think the flywheel will be fine like this ? I will definitely get him to replace those seals but if we can avoid starting from scratch it would be superb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts