Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went ahead and purchased a Lexia 3 cable set. I managed to get a proper set (but just want to make sure by you guys and girls) of the diagnostic leads and at a reasonable price of £55, it is obviously 2nd hand, it was used successfully on another 207 and I quote "I successfully used this to enable aux and cruise control on my 207, but I sold that car." that was from the seller.
Total price includes delivery from UK.
So I have the software available (I've not received the purchase yet) but wanted to ask members opinions.

1. Do you think this set is any good?

2. Also I have DiagBox on one of my servers, I have heard it's good but that Peugeot planet (in others opinions) is better and as this set comes with the latter which do members recommend me use?

Obviously this is all for my 207 1.6 hdi GT. First things first is a DPF Clearance and a remap, but when I become proffecient with this piece of kit (I have ODBII Adaptors and have tunned several other cars) I may offer my services to members to do diagnostics as I'm a Qualified Electrical Engineer and IT Consultant. Mechanics and engineering goes along nicely with what I'm doing, mainly as a hobby but I am seriously considering it as a secondary career (I'm more a electronics and design engineer then all out mechanic, there are far better engineers out there than me so that is no slander) and as an example in my youth (late 90's) I managed to rechip and tune my Vauxhall Astra 2.0 8v GTE Mk. II (20SEH Engine). I pulled around 150 bhp from her! Cosworths (at the time) and other Hot hatches could not believe my little beasts power and speed. I had her featured in a car magazine and Dyno receipts and rolling road stats from the time actually pushed her to the 156 bhp mark, same power to that of the later - 16v 2.0 C20XE. I never did that again out of sheer cowardess lol, or I should say I requested the lads at the rolling road never do it again lol!
But I logged the car as 150 bhp for insurance purposes and kept the extra 6 bhp (topped out) power under wraps of course. It also went along with the more modern Catylictic Converter 16v fitted models which had been released and funnily enough topped out at 150 bhp, Hmmmm cat convertors robbing 6 bhp where we have heard that one before!?

Anyway I'd appreciate your valuable opinions please all. I've included the pictures of my new kit, please feel free to peruse and PM me.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The hardware looks pretty standard Chinese clone, so there shouldn't be a problem. Allegedly, 95% of them are fine.

I would be surprised if both Planet and Diagbox were not on the disk, which will allow you to have a go with both.

However, be aware that Diagbox will detect Planet on the computer, and uninstall it before installing itself - it is not possible to have both on the same system.

Also, Planet will only install on a 32-bit Windows system. XP SP3 is preferred. If your Windows is 64-bit, the work-around is to install VMWare Player (free), and create an XP virtual machine (sounds techy but it's easy). Then install Planet into that.

TIP: Do not plug the Lexia into the PC's USB port until prompted by the installation process, or the drivers will not install correctly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hardware looks pretty standard Chinese clone, so there shouldn't be a problem. Allegedly, 95% of them are fine.

I would be surprised if both Planet and Diagbox were not on the disk, which will allow you to have a go with both.

However, be aware that Diagbox will detect Planet on the computer, and uninstall it before installing itself - it is not possible to have both on the same system.

Also, Planet will only install on a 32-bit Windows system. XP SP3 is preferred. If your Windows is 64-bit, the work-around is to install VMWare Player (free), and create an XP virtual machine (sounds techy but it's easy). Then install Planet into that.

TIP: Do not plug the Lexia into the PC's USB port until prompted by the installation process, or the drivers will not install correctly.
Thank you I'll bear that all in mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you I'll bear that all in mind.

So the item has been delivered, I am most happy as it turns out the equipment is an "Actia PS XS Evolution" actually an original French Made (though the IT Consultant in me knows it's components have probably been made in China) and so I checked out the part numbers and all checks out. So aside from full on testing it, I am well happy. I'll report results back here when I've installed and used it....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
First things first is a DPF Clearance and a remap
Just be aware, you can't do remapping with this tool. If you want to remove your DPF, it will have to be done with other equipment/software. HDITuning on this forum may be able to do this for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just be aware, you can't do remapping with this tool. If you want to remove your DPF, it will have to be done with other equipment/software. HDITuning on this forum may be able to do this for you.
Thanks for the advice I have seen and been watching HDi Tuning both on here and on their website. Unfortunately my funds are not particularly up at the moment and although I've considered purchasing an ECU from HDi (and any other components I require) I've just started my MSc (and then PHD) in Computer Science (and funnily enough I'll probably do a thesis on ECU Control and Sensor arrays with the car industry) so I'm a slightly skint mature student lol! Anyway I'll hook it all up as soon as, I'm going to firstly clean my DPF then look to remove if the clean doesn't prove fruitful. And yes once I'm ready I'll speak to HDi and get their advice and use their services...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts