Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Looking for a bit of help, the open button on my peugeot key fell out and so did the actual button attached to the microchip board, thus not allowing me to remotely open the car, I have for over a week opened the car with the key in the door and the other day the car just wouldn't start.

I have bought a new key with new microchip and replaced the boards in both keys so the new board went with the transponder code but wouldn't work, the car is now coming up and saying economy mode active.

Do I need to take this to a dealer and get it reprogrammed and I have recently purchased a transponder code from peugoet as I suspected I would need this as part of this being repaired.

My car has been off the road for a week now and driving me daft any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
in your old key there is apparently a small black chip, swap that with your new and it could be good to go...if i have read your post right

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Did you transfer the little black bit in the keyfob as well as the chip ?

by the way what did dealer charge you for transponder code as i can get it for free,

did you try the quick reset by putting your key in turn ignition on don`t start car hold lock button on fob for 10 seconds then try again to open and close.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys

I transferred the transponder code (black chip) as well as the chip and no luck with that also, I paid £18 for the code just on Tuesday of this week from the nearest peugoet dealership.

I have also put the new key with the old black chip and new microchip board in and done the 10 second routine and no joy but don't know if the economy mode is stopping this from working as nothing seems to work due to the lack of power, i.e windows etc

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bettyswollocks said:
Might need keys coded to car again with the help of peugoet planet diagnostics.
Kind of thought that would be the case, I thought with the on button falling off it would muck it all up but not to this extent, does anyone know of anybody with this software etc in my area of Lanarkshire, Scotland, I did once get the car to start using the reset function but have a feeling you can only do this once with the peugoet cars (is this the case mate)

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
joe hands said:
Kind of thought that would be the case, I thought with the on button falling off it would muck it all up but not to this extent, does anyone know of anybody with this software etc in my area of Lanarkshire, Scotland, I did once get the car to start using the reset function but have a feeling you can only do this once with the peugoet cars (is this the case mate)
Don`t think we have anyone in scotland and you should be able to reset as many times as you like if it works

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
there was one guy from scotland, ill have a look about and see, if i can remember his name

edit: deadmansfinger (glasgow) and garyturbo (coatbridge)

sorry if they are miles off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bettyswollocks said:
Don`t think we have anyone in scotland and you should be able to reset as many times as you like if it works
Cheers looks like I'll take it to the garage have put the key in and tried to reset again but no joy, done this with the old key with the original transponder black box and tried the new one with the old original transponder black box both with no joy and not having a car for over a week now is driving me daft as I have been waiting on parts etc aaaaaahhhhhh.

Thanks mate for all your help :thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cck2k9 said:
there was one guy from scotland, ill have a look about and see, if i can remember his name

edit: deadmansfinger (glasgow) and garyturbo (coatbridge)

sorry if they are miles off.
Cheers these guys are not too far away, do I need to get the car to them as I can't get the thing to move lol

·
Registered
873 Posts
All you had to do was buy a second hand case off ebay and solder the little button off the circuit board back on. If you cannot find the little button they actually have them on ebay too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
by the way what did dealer charge you for transponder code as i can get it for free,

QUOTE]

The preowned 2007 307 I got last week came with only 1 key. The dealer has offered to get me a 2nd one at a discount whatever that means. I have asked angellocksmiths.co.uk for a quote but I expect that they are going to come back with £20 for the pin code plus whatever. Is it this code that you can get for free?
Regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
daffyduck said:
All you had to do was buy a second hand case off ebay and solder the little button off the circuit board back on. If you cannot find the little button they actually have them on ebay too.
I got a new case and still have the button mate but can't solder and was told it would never work properly again when I suggested it to someone else, thanks for that anyway mate, another lesson learned lol

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Deacon Brodie said:
bettyswollocks said:

QUOTE]

The preowned 2007 307 I got last week came with only 1 key. The dealer has offered to get me a 2nd one at a discount whatever that means. I have asked angellocksmiths.co.uk for a quote but I expect that they are going to come back with £20 for the pin code plus whatever. Is it this code that you can get for free?
Regards
Its the transponder code you need to pair the key to your car , if you need it send me your vin.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had the same problem. My 307 circuit board buttons fell off and I tried getting a new key, too dear. I bought a second hand key and transferred my little black chip and blade over to the key fob but wouldnt work as the circuit board is locked to your car. After about 4 months I got my soldering iron having never really used one before and managed to get it done. Still working perfect, hated having no central locking especially when it was snowing coz the lock freezes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts