Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Peugeot has plans to launch vehicles in North America. It actually old news but seems to be gaining traction yet again and big news for anyone that wanted a vehicle from them, like me. Now it's becoming even more official with people appointed to various executive and lead positions. People with the sort of background Peugeot NA needs. As they finalize models to be launched, one can only hope we get a hot hatch like the 308 R. My guess is they're going to target crossover and SUV segments initially.

More in this PR I found from Peugeot:

Lisa Mark Vice President and CMO to Lead Launch of Peugeot Brand in North America
  • Ms. Mark brings to Peugeot wide ranging brand development expertise in consumer, financial, entertainment and sports categories
  • Will oversee the launch of the Peugeot brand in North America as part of PSA’s broader introduction into the North American marketplace
As an integral step in the launch of Groupe PSA in North America, PSA NA has announced that Lisa Mark will join its team as vice president, CMO, responsible for leading the company’s Peugeot brand. In that position, Ms. Mark will lead the development of all strategic and tactical elements of the “go to market” plan for Peugeot in North America, working in close association with Peugeot’s global brand team.

“Lisa’s broad brand experience and go-to-market mindset align perfectly with the broad opportunities we see as the team launches Peugeot in the coming years,” said Larry Dominique, president and CEO of PSA North America, Inc. “We see Peugeot as more than just a car brand – it embodies a new chapter in our parent’s global vision of creating unique ‘customer first’ mobility. Her extensive brand building background will serve as a valuable platform for better understanding the new challenges and opportunities facing us in the automotive space.”

The launch of the Peugeot brand in North America was announced earlier this year and comes more than twenty years after it was last seen in this market. Today, Peugeot has become an important part Groupe PSA global automotive business – along with sister brands including Citroen, DS, Opel, Vauxhall, and Free2Move. Groupe PSA is the second largest car manufacturer in Europe.

Ms. Mark’s background has centered on positioning and fueling brands to exceptional success, across a variety of industries and categories, ranging from consumer products to sports, entertainment and financial services. “I’m excited and honored by the opportunity to introduce a globally-significant automotive brand like Peugeot, with its rich history and legacy, into the North American market,” said Mark. “The unique chance to launch an automotive brand, let alone this vibrant and storied brand, in a way that is fresh and relevant to a new generation of consumers is exhilarating.”

Prior to this new post, Mark served as vice president, enterprise brand strategy at Voya Financial (formerly ING U.S.). While there, she was instrumental in all aspects of re-branding the company – including development of brand identity, positioning, communications and activation. She has also held senior marketing roles at Disney, Mizuno and Fox Sports, and developed groundbreaking brand strategies for a myriad of consumer brands. She holds an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management and undergraduate degrees from the Wharton School of Finance and the University of Pennsylvania.

· Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Cant really see the point of having to modify the design of cars just to sell them in the US market plus what the US consumer expects ref warranty & back up.

Yes the US of A is a big market but its one that will take a huge commitment & investment in to get anywhere.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
The US to EU mandated rules aren't too excessive. Mainly around lighting, i.e lights can't be affixed on moving body panels. Aside from that, nothing.

I just don't see PSA making a huge dent in the market though. The most powerful engine PSA produces is a 1.6 turbo with 220bhp.

On the electric front, they have the homegrown Tesla. So which part would they really succeed in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.