Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Peugeot 307 XSI, I have problems when starting the car that the power steering loses power and then is okay.

I have been told it is a fault with the fuel pump and told to "whack" the metal casing with a hammer which does seem to fix it!...

Anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fuel pump ?

It could be a sticky bypass valve in the power steering pump. Either way - you really want to get to the problem.

Try having a look at the PS fluid. If it's a bit on the dirty side, try flushing and replacing with something cleaner ?
Failing that - serious replacement or overhaul of pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It could be a adhesive bypass valve in the ability council pump. Either way - you absolutely wish to get to the problem. Try accepting a attending at the PS fluid. If it's a bit on the bedraggled side, try bloom and replacing with something cleaner?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had simular problems few days ago. Fluid was a bit low so what i did was:

I opened the filling cap, started engine and turned steeringwheel slowly all the way to other side and then to other side (few times). Then checked the fluids. If bubbles surface or there is foam, the propable cause for this is air getting into circulation. Added a little PS fluid and then repeat turning of the wheel. When the fuild stops releasing bubbles and stays 1/4 of the filling hole, i judged it to be ok :). Slight overfill is acceptable if your PS has a habit of pushing stuff out from cap area (at cold season). If there is foam in the filling pipe, try to clean it up by dipping a rolled sheath of strong paper or cloth that doesn't release dirt etc.

Mine has now worked perfectly atleast for couple of days now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts