Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local garage diagonised my car as engine management light on saying dreaded depolution system faulty and I couldn't shift it despite using dpf cleaner and good run ! He says two codes show EGR electronic valve open and heater circuit valve open ! I've been priced at £70/hour by peugeot ! My car is 05 I was just wondering us it worth going as they prob find about £90k worth of faults lol!
Car drives ok but us bit groggy and not gone into limp mode ! The garage did day theres a tank on car that contains fluid to clean dpf filter and prob wants filling car has done 123k

P

·
0 Posts
if fluid is empty it likely won't be regenerating. Where are you based?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm based near Chester it's a 407 sorry diesel 1.6 depolution system faulty stuck on I just think garage I went to couldn't be arsed with pugs ! How long roughly will a diagonise take in dont wanna pay over the top

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm based near Chester it's a 407 sorry diesel 1.6 depolution system faulty stuck on I just think garage I went to couldn't be arsed with pugs ! How long roughly will a diagonise take in dont wanna pay over the top
You need it on planet to find out exact codes.

P

·
0 Posts
Your in a good location, check members map and you'll find a few folk around you who can help out cheaply.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cheers I've booked a peugeot place £70 a hour how long do they normally take and any ideas on here who I can talk too

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
The heater fault you mention may well be the glow plug relay not energising the plugs if the glowplugs don't work the DPF cannot regen they DO NOT aid starting they are for regen this is the most common fault

Also fuel cap magnets and fluid empty but you need a session on planet to test NOT CODE READ actually test items.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers will do I will look tommoz have to say I've never know anything like a pug 407 I thought I bought a jinxed car ! I had mine last year well 19 months ago had 87,000 on clock I'ts now 123,000 I had full service cam belt ect since then had depolution faulty in was told 2 new injectors as otheres were over fuelling , new EGR valve , then new clutch and slave valve lol now this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi

Is heater plug a big and expensive job ? Also should I be driving the car with these issues ? I'm only doing short journeys

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Any idea of cost ?
Cost will depend on what is wrong. The error message could be one or more of several different things.

As has been suggested twice before, search the planet map for a member near you. Members will charge a fraction of the dealer cost. They can read the fault codes and get descriptions of the codes, read live data and test various items on the car. Once a planet diagnostic has been done you should be in a much better position to resolve the issue.

If you had spent a little time actually looking on the map for some help instead of repeatedly posting similar questions you might have already arranged for some assistance. Just asking more and more questions instead of taking some kind of action is not going to help you get the car running correctly and finally removing the error message.

·
Registered
496 Posts
De pollution fault on dashboard has NOTHING to do with DPF alone. It could be absolutely anything at all! I get it every few weeks, usually caused by a microscopic alien germ shitting in one of the many filters. It comes and goes... Garages talk b*ll*cks.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts