Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a new driver, been riding motorcycles 15 years but only passed my car test on 1/9/17.

Brought a van last week Peugeot Exploer 2004 plate.

Today whils driving the seatbelt reel has fallen off the mount.

I am totally confused as to what is missing or broken....

The mount is brass looking with plastic that moves within it, the reel has like a threaded metal spacer...but their is now way i can see of joining the two together, been working on my own bikes for years and this has me stumped.....

Help very much appreciated, or is this an expensive garage job ?

Cheer's
Oli

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
Thats knackered you need to replace the part on the B post that the belt has fallen out of that is not meant to come off !!

Go to breakers and get the whole rail thing and your old belt will bolt onto it the bolt is still in your belt the head of it will have a plastic cap hiding it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand what you are saying the rail needs replacing, but there is one ebay that looks identical to mine....again their would be no way of securing the 2 parts together...confused...

eBay item number:

(Would of posted link, but forum prevented it as not enough posts)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted

Thanks for the replies guys, as a I.T technician, and this really not making sense.

I decided to take the whole thing apart.

Screw sits inside part mounted to side of van, hollow threaded piece sits inside the top piece of the plastic part of the seat belt.

It simply had not been tightened and had come undone/unthreaded.

Hence why I could not find any bolts in the van etc.

So simply one piece re threaded into the other.

But had to undo the lower belt holder as well as strap was winding.

Only problem now is don't have a large star head!! so currently as tight as I can get with fingers and pliers.

As I said completely new to cars/vans, but been working on motorbikes for 15 years...surprised no one said just try turning it in like a screw....every days a school day right...

Oh well problem resolved.

No cost just my own labour ;p, an headache :/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That is what I thought you would find, was hoping the bolt bit was still there. Put some Loctite on it to stop it working it's way out again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Loctite

Good shout, ill get the tool then remove it put some thread locker on their and tighten it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts