Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everybody,
I have a little issue with my 07 expert 1.6HDI,
On Saturday I went to start van and engine tried to turn over then nothing, so had no option but to bump start it which it did easily ran fine all day stopped and started fine stayed like this until today, the same thing happened when leaving work so had to bump it again but I noticed the dash info had reset I.e. Clock reset and all date info etc. I'm not sure if it's just a faulty battery or maybe an aternator problem. If it's any further help the radio works fine and the central locking and interior light etc so this is why I doubted a battery problem. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If it's any further help the radio works fine and the central locking and interior light etc so this is why I doubted a battery problem. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Could be a faulty cell in the battery - leading to rapid self discharge (standing for some time kills it, while driving around during the day with shorter stops works) A faulty cell will usually also lead to a much higher than normal voltage drop when you try to pull large currents out of the battery (like engaging the starter) while lighter loads like radio, interior lights etc still work.

Check charging: with engine running a bit higher than idling, voltage across battery should be 14-14.4V

A fully charged (unlikely in your case now) battery at rest (say first thing in the morning) should be 12,6V-12,7V depending on exact type. 50% charge is around 12.2V, 11,8V is effectively empty.

I'd find a shop selling batteries, or garage, that has the equipment to do a load test of the battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts