Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I'm new here just signed up to the forum.

I have a Peugeot expert taper e7 taxi, I have an issue with the tailgate not opening at all. All other doors lock fine on the central locking but the tailgate can't open it at all.

I was doing some wiring on the back left (if your in the vehicle) where the wiring loom is, since then the tail gate won't open.

Does any one know what I might have done or which leads are the central locking for the tail gate to see if they have disconnected. Or even a way of opening the tailgate from inside the vehicle.

Thanks Matt.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi There,

I'm new here just signed up to the forum.

I have a Peugeot expert taper e7 taxi, I have an issue with the tailgate not opening at all. All other doors lock fine on the central locking but the tailgate can't open it at all.

I was doing some wiring on the back left (if your in the vehicle) where the wiring loom is, since then the tail gate won't open.

Does any one know what I might have done or which leads are the central locking for the tail gate to see if they have disconnected. Or even a way of opening the tailgate from inside the vehicle.

Thanks Matt.
In the handbook:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for that

I have seen that in the book, can't for the life of me find it on the inside of the tail gate, can't see any hole to fit a screwdriver into.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The tailgate is electric release it does not lock and unlock it is purely opened by power sent from the BSI the catch has 4 wires 2 for the release and 2 for a switch to turn the interior lights on when its open.

the boot handle is just a button that completes a circuit and this tells the BSI to open the boot when you lock the car the BSI simply ignores the button its not actually locking the catch just switching it off.

The catch does indeed have an internal release and the good news is if it is faulty its the same catch as every other peugeot 207 307 407 etc but chances are the real issue is broken wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help mate. Managed to find the fault. A wire had come out if the main cluster in the panel by the rear lights that worked the switch on the tailgate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts