Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all just want to say Hi as this is my first post after getting the link from a friend.We have peugeots throughout the family so I think the forum would help a lot.My first cry for help and it is a cry as my head is battered with it.I have an 04 expert 2ltr hdi and the problem first showed up last year but only for a day or so then vanished but now has showed itself constantly for the last fortnight.The van starts fine but once on the move will randomly try to cut out.The yellow engine management light will come on,van slows instantly as if its going to stall,light goes out and van picks up speed.If im approaching a stop with low revs and the light comes on it will cut out completely with steering lock on.Van will start fine until it happens again and so on.It went on to diagnostics last week and the mechanic said it showed an airflow and a power relay problem.Hes checked the airflow and the mix is fine.Also put another airflow valve on and a new power relay.Started this morning and within 50 yards the light flickered and the van shuddered again,happened about a dozen times after.Please can anybody help as its ruining me,cheers for any input,Daz.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Engine wiring harness problems are common on these the joints inside the loom become bad causing all sorts of symptoms.

One other thing could be a bad injector leaking back too much fuel causing the fuel pressure to drop on idle or under light load only way to tell is get a leak off test done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts