Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have topped up my Eolys tank on my 2013 Peugeot Expert.

The connector block that the push fits connect onto is damaged and was tied up with cable ties.

It looks like it might have dropped down and been dragging in the road and the last owner used cable ties to fix it up.

I was worried about the damage so tied a food bag around it, removed and refitted the fuel cap (to trigger and injection) and drove 10 miles, I checked the bag and it had Eolys fluid in it which had either leaked during injection or just sloshing a full tank about while driving.

I went to my dealer to buy a new one but they can't find the part on the list, they showed me the exploded diagram and the connector block is not shown (they were not willing to take a look at the part on my van).

It looks like it is more than a connector block and has another purpose (maybe breather too?).

I need a part name or number to order a new one, can anyone help me identify this part?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that my vin is: DZ009060

I think he was looking at the right picture, he gave me a print off which I have here, I can see the fluid tank but not the connector block.

The diagram he gave me is: G9F 1 15A20A

Its hard to see in the picture but I'm starting to worry it is shown, attached to the tank on the left had side, with no part number it might need the whole tank to replace it.

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
There is a small canister type thing attached to the underside by a plastic clip and pipes is this the part you mean as i remember cabletying them on ours as they kept falling down these were on earlier vans without DPF though

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could you give more precise details of it's location - referencing other parts nearby on the attached image?
I have taken a picture, it looks worse in the picture than real life.
I have never had a leak of Eolys so I assumed it was sound, I have been driving it for over a year!

I can only guess that as I do a lot of motorway driving the DPF is staying soot free because it spends a lot of time very hot on the motorway?

I think the tank must have been empty of Eolys ever since I owned it which is over a year.

I have lost about 100ml today, its in a bag but i dont want to re-use incase its contaminated.

In the pic you can see the Eolys tank in the background and it looks like the connector is meant to clip onto the tanks.

Clearly at some time in the past it dropped down and dragged on the road, someone then cable tied it up.

There is a small canister type thing attached to the underside by a plastic clip and pipes is this the part you mean as i remember cabletying them on ours as they kept falling down these were on earlier vans without DPF though
This is a 2013 DPF model 2.0HDI, it does sound like what you say though but can't be if yours was not a DPF model?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep thats it they must all have it we tied them on as i say not sure what you would call it but half of yours is missing :)
Those pipes carry the Eolys to the fuel tank for the DPF so its a bit odd yours had it but clearly you know the part well, as you say you have tied plenty up.

It's too big to just be a connector, it must have another function but I can't think what? breather or filter?

The part is not shown in jimmymarsbar's picture either and the picture is the same one Peugeot printed off for me.

Tried the local scrap yard but they did not have one.

Might have to try and find someone breaking one online.

Half the time it's trying to explain this system to people, when I start talking about a small tank of Eolys fluid under the van that is injected into the fuel tank to work as a catalyst in the DPF they just think I'm talking gibberish and wont even believe there is such a thing!
Its going to be fun explaining what part I want them to post me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
But aren't the connectors OK, it is the remains of the tank that is connected to them?
No its not the remains of the tank... The Eolys tank is the huge thing you see in the back ground, one pipe comes off the Eolys tank and goes into the broken connector block then the other pipe comes off the connector block and onto the fuel tank.

The broken thing is just a connector block not a tank.

The broken connector/joiner whatever its called is about the size of half a cigarette packet and has two male click connectors coming off it for the two pipes, there are no electrical connections.

It's just the shape and design suggests it does more than just connect the two pipes together but I could be barking up the wrong tree and maybe it is just a joiner so you can disconnect the pipes and refill the Eolys tank.

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
No its not a tank it is just attached to the pipes i think on ours it was just some sort of breather from the filler cap to the tank but to be honest i never investigated what i can say is we had no leaks even after it was damaged so it must do something to do with the eolys fluid its strange they all have it though.

We could never understand why it was there and why it was fitted so badly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you give more precise details of it's location - referencing other parts nearby on the attached image?
jimmymarsbar,

This is what the part should look like, its not shown on on the Peugeot pictures at all.
I managed to pick one up at the Breakers today.

I will put a picture of the state of the old one when I swap them in the morning.

I think it is also a non-return valve to stop fluid running back into the Eolys tank, I can see on my broken one, there is a spring inside. This makes sense and would ensure the pipe is always primed and ready to pump.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And for anyone thinking of filling their Eolys tank themselves, here are some pics of the Eolys tank with the part correctly clipped on the side of the Eolys tank.

There is not even a cover to remove, just locate the pipe that goes to the top of the Eolys tank, press the two buttons and slide the push fit connector off the part I fitted in this thread. Next push the large male fitting from the refill kit into the push fit connector and refill.

Use protective equipment as its very toxic fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
thank you, just ordered 5ltrs plus the filling kit, using JANSALE discount, comes out at £109 so not as cheap as your deal, but still better than the £250 the dealer wanted. I am sure hubby can change it, will check for damage underneath at the same time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you, just ordered 5ltrs plus the filling kit, using JANSALE discount, comes out at £109 so not as cheap as your deal, but still better than the £250 the dealer wanted. I am sure hubby can change it, will check for damage underneath at the same time.

OK.... follow up to this to help people out.

As you all know I topped up the Eolys fluid myself, I decided to live with the warning message as I knew the fluid was topped up and several Peugeot drivers claim they just live with the warning, after all it only lasts on the screen for 2 minutes after starting then its gone.

However.....
Today I filled up with fuel, just after leaving the garage a warning came up saying "Engine fault - repair needed" and the van went into limp mode.

I called the AA and he could find nothing wrong and the ECU only showed two errors:
Particulate fluid low & Particulate fluid exhausted.
The AA man could not clear the codes and told me to take it to the garage.

I convinced the AA man to have another go with his machine and he followed a process to reset the fluid and managed it (even though its a Bosch box not PP) both codes are now reset and no warning messages and the van is fine.

So what happened...... Well it appears with a Peugeot Expert van, you get a warning its low then after a few more fuel refills it assumes all the fluid is now gone and puts a second message up and puts the van into limp to protect the engine. Remember----- I had just filled up so triggered the final Eolys injection.

So warning for Peugeot Expert drivers...
You have to get the message cleared or after a short time it will go into limp mode. :thumb:

(I will put this message into the other thread too as both threads have ended up on the same subject).

·
Registered
14,950 Posts
This applies to all peugeots refilling is not enough the counters MUST be reset or the computer assumes its empty it counts down based on miles it does not have a level sensor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts